Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Northern Virginia/Washington, DC

Re: Northern Virginia/Washington, DC

I live in Virginia Beach, and just saw this thread…

There are some beautiful things in Williamsburg, and around the ports and beaches here in Hampton Roads.

The eastern shore is an absolute delight to explore as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used to meet with you guys but because of certain circumstances - dropped out. Would like to resurrect my "membership" and shoot with you guys -- 5x7 and 4x5 with a darkroom in the house -- also P/P --
    retired so time is only side.

Thanks.

Steve Epstein
    sepstein17@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Tierney View Post
    Ft. Washington NP is an interesting place to shoot. The best times are between Sep and June. Just remember...when school is out all the little ones are about. I find fall and early spring are the best times. Parking is close by and ample. I’m retired so anytime during the week will work for me.
    Hope you have a speedy recovery.
    Fall is here and school is in session We should do Great Falls or similar. Norfolk is awesome but pretty far south for a mid Atlantic get together.

All right. So there's no report suggesting anyone met with anyone, so I will assume that no one met to shoot together, talk LF, share prints, make prints, etc.
    I'm going to suggest maybe instead of trying to organize a one-fer, we think instead of a quarterly round up for one of the activities listed (or something else entirely).
    If we aim at (two to as many as ) four meetings over the next 12 months, maybe we'll get one or two. That's the idea. I am happy to start off as "host" which could mean everything from meeting at my place
    or some other place that I help coordinate and count 100% on making, to simply bringing the beer, donuts, pretzels or whatever. I would also allow that "interested guests" be allowed to come
    as well. If we're shooting and they're going to shoot and don't do LF, they at least commit to joining us in using a tripod.... and thereby don't complain we're not doing a "walking tour", or about the speed we're walking.

These are ideas. See what you think.

Hey team,
    I am not new to film photography but new to LF photography. I have thought about building a photographic community as well. I maintain the Medium Format Photography group on flickr and the Washington DC area film photography group on Facebook. I will subscribe to this thread.

Folks:

I regret that since the 5/23 target for our meet-up now looms and our local establishments remain closed, it seems right to post-pone this event until the Fall. At that time if we're fortunate to see the the sun shine on these ambitions - we may plan on a get-together with the perils of a friendly and casual meeting and greeting have been debugged, and these things become fun again rather than a source of familial challenge, worry, etc.

Until then as was said on Hill Street Blues, "Be careful out there!" I will post a notice again once there's more visibility on how to proceed. Thank you for your interest. I'm still looking forward to this... eventually.

Regards,
    Skip Mersereau

Thanks, Skip!

Just joining this chain since I live in the area and wish to follow updates.

If you're on Facebook please do a search for Washington, DC Area Film Photographers and consider joining the group. We have a bunch of people shooting everything from 110 to 8x10.

Scott Davis

If folks are interested, I'm now hosting a monthly online get-together to talk photo and cameras for folks in the DC/MD/NoVa area. If there's an interest, let me know and I can send you the invite to the Zoom meetup in PM. We're meeting on Tuesday evenings from 7:30-8:30.