Thread: Hello

Hello

I just discovered this group via the LF photo page. After a rather long time away from LF photography, I recently got a Wisner 5x7 Traditional to pick up my LF photography interest again. There is already a Modified (lower weight) Sinar 5x7 and a Horseman LM 4x5 and numerous lens waiting to produce images again.

Big Negs Rock!

Re: Hello

Welcome to the group!
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Good to know you enjoy LF too.
    When I grow up, I want to be a photographer.

http://www.walterpcalahan.com/Photography/index.html

Welcome to the LF Forum, Bernice.

I moved your thread to "Introductions" as that seems a more appropriate location.

Enjoy your foray into large format.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com

OMG! Steve Simmons, View Camera Magazine?.. I remember back in the day when View Camera Magazine published it's first issue (I still have it some where). At that point in time, I have been doing LF for a few years and that magazine was such a nice change from all the other photo publications..

I took time away from LF photography and photography in general, now LF photography has caught my interest again.

Thanks everyone for the nice welcome...

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Enjoy your foray into large format.

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com[/QUOTE]

Bernice,

Welcome back to photography and and congrats on that Wisner. I got the same camera about 10 years ago and I love it. The only 'disadvantage' is the hoards of delighted, curious people you'll attract if you try to work in a public area. Fortunately, I love talking LF

Denise

www.reallybigcameras.com

Bernice,

Welcome to the LF forum. Talk about a coincidence, I was just looking at my "Future Classics" page with plans to update it and move it to my new web site.

For those who don't know, Bernice was the inspiration for my original "Future Classics" post in the rec.photo.equipment.large-format forum nearly 11 years ago. My how time flies.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras

Hello Kerry,

What a pleasant surprise! Guess the world of LF photographers is really not that large.

I still have that 110mm and 150mm HMXL and many of those classics we discussed back then. Time does pass, but those designs and lenses really do have a enduring timeless quality. Guess the laws of physics has pretty much remained the same as always. I'll send you an email to catch up later.. Much has happened since we last talked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Welcome to the LF forum. Talk about a coincidence, I was just looking at my "Future Classics" page with plans to update it and move it to my new web site.

For those who don't know, Bernice was the inspiration for my original "Future Classics" post in the rec.photo.equipment.large-format forum nearly 11 years ago. My how time flies.

Kerry Thalmann
    Really Big Cameras[/QUOTE]

Welcome, Bernice!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White