Thread: My new website

My new website

Hi,

My new website is online
    www.nicolaslevy.fr

The portraits were made with many diferent cameras (including digital), all the pictures in the other galeries were made with mamiya 7 or chamonix 4x5.

All texts are in french but they're not that important.

Any feedback apreciated
    If anyone is using an ipad to view it, i would love to know what it's like since i couldn't test it myself...
    "I am a reflection photographing other reflections within a reflection. To photograph reality is to photograph nothing." Duane Michals

Re: My new website

Quote Originally Posted by lenicolas View Post
    Any feedback apreciated
    If anyone is using an ipad to view it, i would love to know what it's like since i couldn't test it myself...
    I looked at it on an iPad.

Some pages are too wide for the iPad, the home page and the credits page are 2 that I found. They unnecessarily require horizontal scrolling. (I've found a good all around layout is with a 960px wide centered container - this looks good on iPads and netbooks and most everything I've tried it on.)

Unless of course horizontal scrolling is by design: your horizontal scrolling galleries look/work great on the iPad. (On Chrome the text on the left stays fixed and the pictures fade away as they scroll "under" the text - this doesn't happen on iPad, the text isn't fixed and scrolls off the screen as you scroll the pictures. I don't think this is bad, but that fancy effect is missing on the iPad.)

It works well enough on the iPad, and like I said the horizontal scrolling galleries design is great for the iPad, but all the sizes need to tweaking and adjusting to make it perfect for iPad.

...Mike

Looked at it on a large 17" laptop - similar in terms of picture size as the above post; just a little too tall. Some of the wider photos, as scrolling to the right, were blending out on the left side by the time I could see the right side. Other than that, I liked it. Your b&w grabbed me more for the most part, and I was able to see the entire photos that were smaller; just a tad too tall overall to fit on the screen and being sure I didn't have to scroll up or down to see the rest of it. But it's a nice site.

thanks a lot for the feedback, I'll try too fix those things - maybe upload smaller pictures - but eventually, i'll have to ask the developer to try that 960px centered container...

Thanks a lot.
    "I am a reflection photographing other reflections within a reflection. To photograph reality is to photograph nothing." Duane Michals