Thread: Linhof fresnel screen? Linhof Tech IV cams?

Linhof fresnel screen? Linhof Tech IV cams?

I have a Linhof Tech IV which I like to use outdoors. Unlike the 4x5 monorail I am accustomed to, the Linhof does not have a fresnel screen. Can I simply purc hase a fresnel for it and install it or will the focus cams for my lens then be inaccurate? Or does the fresnel screen need to be installed by someone like Mar flex?

Also -- I have a cam for only 1 of my lenses and would like to add more lenses a nd cams but am on a limited budget. Anyone have a clue how much it costs to hav e a Linhof cam cut?

Thanks for any answers -- I have skimmed through some of the topics under discus sion I feel like this is a goldmine of good info!

You can install the screen yourself as long as it is installed on top of the gro und glass. Linhof makes clips to do this.

The clips and cam info are available from Marflex 973 808-9626. Simply ask them on Mon.

As an aside most IVs had the fresnel under the ground glass. Are you certain tha t there isn't one there? If so marflex has to install the new one.

I contacted Marflex about three years ago concerning installation of a cam in my Tech V for a 210 mm APO Symmar lens. The price quoted was $200. That included the cam, distance scale, and infinity stop. The price may have gone up since then.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

If anyone's interested, I called Marflex this am and was quoted a price of $200.00 per cam, assuming nothing else was wrong -- rangefinder adjustments and other repairs, if needed, are extra.

Unfortunately, the gentleman who helped me this morning could not give me a firm price on a new fresnel screen for the camera because his computer was down -- but his recollection was that having the fresnel installed was going to cost more than $200...which is a lot more than I have budgeted at this time.

"but his recollection was that having the fresnel installed was going to cost mo re than $200...which is a lot more than I have budgeted at this time. "

The list price for the 002522 Linhof Fresnel screen is $227.00. Marflex charges $200.00 for the screen AND installation. Your message seemed to indicate that the installation alone is $200.00.