Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New version of "Finely Focused"

New version of "Finely Focused"

I'm now mailing the revised version of "Finely Focused: A Guide to Traditional Large Format Photography" on CD-ROM. It has illustrations that pad it to 309 pages. Imagine: a photography book with pictures! How novel!!

If you were an early pioneer who bought the original (without illustrations), you should receive the new version as a gift shortly. I mailed them Saturday, much to the dismay of my post office.

Available from my web site, www.circleofthesunproductions.com

If you visit, please see the For Ted Harris gallery. Thanks.
    Bruce Barlow
    author of "Finely Focused" and "Exercises in Photographic Composition"
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Lascassas, TN

Re: New version of "Finely Focused"

I was reviewing my large format procedures and starting to recalibrate my processes when Bruce’s CD arrived. It was prefect timing. This is a straight forward approach to Large Format Photography that works.

Not only have illustrations been added, several sections of text has been added or expanded. Check out the index on the web site.

It is a good read.
    Bill Kumpf

Mine arrived to Spain yesterday. It was a great surprise.
    Thank you for this great book. I'll have a great time reading thi smuch improved version this summer. This was already one of the most pleasant reading photo book I've ever read. I highly recommend anyone to get a CD.
    Thanks again.

Thanks Bruce- I think I got in early enough to get the "gift"- very generous of you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Tim

Bruce,

I have to say it surprised me as hell when I had the new version in my mail box yesterday. I did not know you planned a revised version (but it's obviously easy with electronic publishing), and that you would send it to previous buyers. I'd understand if you offered the new one with discount to us, your previous customers.

As is, lot of my thanks, my hat down and a bow to you. And I'd recommend your publication whenever I encounter someone willing to learn to photography more than to press the shutter on their digital camera. I think it helped me a lot (and was a good reading, too)

Jiri
    Jiri Vasina
    www.vasina.net

@ Google+ | @ Facebook | @ flickr

My books @ Blurb (only heavily outdated "Serene Landscape").

Quote Originally Posted by timbo10ca View Post
    Thanks Bruce- I think I got in early enough to get the "gift"- very generous of you. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Tim
    I remember addressing the mailer, since I've had the privilege of being in Winnipeg on both solstices. Summer was better.

Now, you're at the mercy of Canada Post! Remarkable that it's landing in Spain, the Czech Republic, and England before making it to you... My former father-in-law, who was Ontario Health Insurance Plan budget director, always claimed that Canada Post was "full of Communists who won't work." Well, that was his opinion, at least.

Thanks to the rest of you for all the kind words. A book is the ultimate narcissistic exercise, I think. It's clear I'm not in it for the money!
    Bruce Barlow
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Barlow View Post
    I remember addressing the mailer, since I've had the privilege of being in Winnipeg on both solstices. Summer was better.

Now, you're at the mercy of Canada Post! Remarkable that it's landing in Spain, the Czech Republic, and England before making it to you... My former father-in-law, who was Ontario Health Insurance Plan budget director, always claimed that Canada Post was "full of Communists who won't work." Well, that was his opinion, at least.

Thanks to the rest of you for all the kind words. A book is the ultimate narcissistic exercise, I think. It's clear I'm not in it for the money!

Thanks Bruce- I'll let you know when it arrives so you can time it..

Tim

Thanks so much Bruce. I got my totally unexpected CD in the mail yesterday (Thurs 10) here in Canada (Ottawa, ON). So I don't think all of Canada Post's employees conform to your father-in-law's description of lazy commies 9-).

I much look forward to looking at your update. I am presuming that the illustrations will help this slow learner.

Very best wishes ... John

Quote Originally Posted by John MacManus View Post
    Thanks so much Bruce. I got my totally unexpected CD in the mail yesterday (Thurs 10) here in Canada (Ottawa, ON). So I don't think all of Canada Post's employees conform to your father-in-law's description of lazy commies 9-).

I much look forward to looking at your update. I am presuming that the illustrations will help this slow learner.

Very best wishes ... John
    It was his opinion, not mine. At that time, our own postal employees seemed more interested in shooting each other in bulk.

Who knows? Maybe the illustrations will confuse? But I hope not.

Thanks for letting me know it made it across the border.

All best, Bruce
    Bruce Barlow
    www.brucewbarlow.com

Bruce: I got the disk on friday. Thanks again,
    Tim