Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 1/2 Verito

11 1/2 Verito

I have a wolly 11 1/2 F4 verito lens in a working studio 5 shutter that I'm looking to sell. It has the normal wear on the barrel and shutter. The glass is reallly clean. I picked it up years ago but just never really used it that much. My question is dose anyone know what a fair price would be to ask for this lens?

Thanks, Rich

Clay

Re: 11 1/2 Verito

All of these softies have been getting big bucks on ebay lately. There is one listed in an ebay store right now for $850. Of course, it is still there. There are several shorter focal length veritos listed right now with the bidding in the mid $600's. So I'm guessing that $700-$1100 would be the range, assuming it is in excellent shape. Don't take any lowball offers from anyone on the forum here who most likely will turn around and sell it later for twice what they paid you.

wfwhitaker

Just put it on Ebay and let it run. You won't be disappointed.

I agree, but it on ebay and you'll be happy with what you get for it. Verito's seemed to have tripled in price on ebay from just a few years ago, definitely a seller's market right now.

Quote Originally Posted by clay harmon View Post
    Don't take any lowball offers from anyone on the forum here who most likely will turn around and sell it later for twice what they paid you.
    Hey, I would give a lowball offer but keep it for life.

Rich,

I have an 11 1/2" Verito in a #3 shutter and an 18" Verito in a #5 shutter. Check your numbers, there is a major size and price difference.

Paul,

Are you sure you have an 18" verito in a #5 shutter? I have an an 18" and there's not way it would fit in a #5 Ilex (maybe a different brand?) as the diameter of the glass itself is as large as the entire shutter!

It's most likely a #5 Studio shutter

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

My 11.5" Verito is in a #3 Studio Shutter, and my 18" in a #5. BTW, for anyone who believes bokeh is influence by aperture shape, the barrel-mount and Betax shutter-mount Veritos have a much rounder aperture shape than the Studio Shutter variety. Personally, I like them in all their varieties.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

I checked the shutter and it just says studio. No #3 or #5. I guess I always asumed it was a #5 ..But mabey not. It is about 4 1/4 inches across.

Rich