Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Durst Lapla 58

Durst Lapla 58

I am usually too embarrassed to ask for advice, so now that I have cobbled together a solution, I have time to do it right, if anyone can advise me. I got a disreputable Durst 138 for enlarging 5x7, but could only find a 39mm lensboard; the 210 takes a 58 and none seem to be around. So I had a machinist bore out the 39mm Lapla to take the lens and fixed it the lens to the board with a 62-58 step down ring. 20 bucks total. Now that I can do my work I should probably let it rest, but I would appreciate any ideas, especially since the rear element will keep the turret from moving, should I want to put on a shorter lens on one of the other mounts. A beer can? Thanks.

Re: Durst Lapla 58

Ithink they are called a tub you see them from time to time my turrent sits unused due to the same problem, although if you are using LF the single holed plate would be the answer.

Tom, i had the same problem as you with my turret and a 210 Rodagon. Luckily i have acces to a laid a couple of times a year and made an extended Lapla that will hold the 210 Rodagon.
    I am sure the machinist that cut your Lapla 39 can make you a new extension so the rear element will be free to rotate.
    PM me if you want a photo of a homemade extension.

You seem to be looking for a "skirt". They come in black, non-metal and metal.
    Having one made up is quick compared to watching eBay. Only the most recent 138 would have a "large" lens panel for a single lens. The typical 3 lens turrent is not easily converted to a single lens panel IMO. Finding a whole modern head is not unheard of in these "desparate" analog times. Like any other adoption, taking in an incomplete Durst (to your purposes) is a challenge. I recommend a parent-support group.

Thanks very much. Not as bad as a European car or a French bike, I suppose.

If you are going to mount a Rodenstock 210mm lens the board with the skirt that you are looking for is known as a Roding 58. Unfortunately it is not often that you see them listed anywhere on the web. You could try

http://www.stonemills.net/inventory.html

They had some of the other Roding boards listed in an old inventory list and he might know where to get one.

Gord

Luckily i have acces to a laid a couple of times a year. You have laid?

Luckily i have acces to a laid a couple of times a year. You have laid?
    No, i don't have one but my Dad does (In Denmark) and i usually have a project when i go there a couple of times a year. Last time it was the extended Lapla/Roding.
    It should be possible for any machine shop to fabricate one of these though, there's not much to it if you already have a Lapla they can take measurements of.

Did you try these guys?

http://www.jensen-optical.us/imagine_2007.htm

They are bu ku expensive, better to make or modify your own model. Do you need to turn the turret that much? Maybe it's just better to remove the lens than go through the process of getting an extension. Lathe work in my area is quite expensive.