Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emulsion Magazine

Re: Emulsion Magazine

Joe, thanks. I am familiar with Bill's site.

My disappointment was in not receiving the issues that were promised and never printed. I have the twelve that were. It was, indeed, a fine publication.

Quote Originally Posted by John Powers View Post
    When you do send it Jim,
    please use inadequate postage
    so he will have to pay Postage Due to receive it

John

My God, Jim! Whatever you do, do not take John's advise.

The OP would just write new posting to complain about postage short fall.

Tomaas

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

Folks,

I didn't want to stir up some personality war here. Aggie is a regular member here and I honestly believe Aggie is not a crook to pump money out of us and make millions from undelivered subscriptions. Aggie's illness is good enough for me to understand that magazine is not producing issues and I'm OK with it.

Again, let's hope this magazine will go back to production and carry Aggie's original idea.
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    I got three issues for my $60 subscription. If Aggie recovers her health and puts out more, I'll be glad to receive them. If not, it's not the end of the world.
    Same on my end, we all should take this stance

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    The ethical thing would be to refund the money...since that has not happened it calls into question your characterization of her ethics. Actions are the only thing that count. All the wordy bullshit in the world counts for nothing.
    It's unethical for you to attack someone who is very sick and worry about a measly amount of money you paid. Jesus - you spend more money per week in food. The woman is severely sick -- she's not in ANY kind of mind to worry about a few subscribers. We're talking about a life threatening illness and you're worried about a few bucks you paid to a small, mainly volunteer-staffed organization. Ethics are one thing, morals are another. Right now, she has to worry about herself and not other people. If Aggie were completely healthy and rolling in money, then your argument would be legit.

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    It's unethical for you to attack someone who is very sick and worry about a measly amount of money you paid. Jesus - you spend more money per week in food. The woman is severely sick -- she's not in ANY kind of mind to worry about a few subscribers. We're talking about a life threatening illness and you're worried about a few bucks you paid to a small, mainly volunteer-staffed organization. Ethics are one thing, morals are another. Right now, she has to worry about herself and not other people. If Aggie were completely healthy and rolling in money, then your argument would be legit.

That is rich coming from you to comment on someone else's ethics. Get a life and shut the hell up.

Quote Originally Posted by FocusMag View Post
    I am not sure YOU are doing Aggie a favor by defending her.

Dakotah,

I think under other circumstances or with a different delivery your Utah rant could be pretty funny but the way you put it just makes you seem rather petty.

I'm another one of the "Emulsion editors" and was the Art Director for the first three issues. I left the group after issue three. To tell you all the truth we were doing pretty good for essentially a three person operation. It was/is a big expensive (time and money) operation and if you take out the leader (Aggie) the whole thing comes to a grinding halt. I too would love to see Emulsion get back on it's feet and wish Aggie and the rest the best of luck.

From me personally, I'm sorry to everyone who is still waiting but being out of the game since issue three I have no idea what the situation is and there's nothing I can do about it.

Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakotah Jackson View Post

What is happening now? Anything?
    Somewhere in Utah, someone is beating a dead dead horse...........................

And, 3 months later, that someone is still beating a dead horse ... and not only beating it ... but abusing its bleached bones!!!!