Page 252 of 274 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2731

Thread: post your Architecture photographs!

Re: post your Architecture photographs!

Greg, that's a fine old house, and the tree shadows, to me, lend an air of the history from the time it was a family home of some wealthy person, as I assume it was.
    I also like the Waterloo Falls home image on your site.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

"Moggy's"
    Pambula River, NSW, Australia

Image #00010

Camera :: Tachihara 5x4 field camera
    Lens :: 90mm f5.6 Schnieder Super Angulon

When I was a kid these planks, with rock backfill, made up a serviceable boating jetty. At the time this image was made it was obviously on it's last legs, and I have since learned that it has finally collapsed.

The name on the boat shed in the background reads 'Moggy's', hence the title. It was on the market recently for $600,000, a little steep for an old boatshed, but I believe there is a very nice house behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by grcouch501 View Post

Estherwood
    by Greg Couch, on Flickr

From a series I recently wrapped up of mansions in the Hudson Valley region of New York. Estherwood is now used as apartments for the teaching staff of the Master's School in Dobbs Ferry NY.

Cambo SC-2
    Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8
    Ilford FP4 PLUS in DD-X
    My first thought was "Shame about the shadows". But within a microsecond I realised that they improve the photo as the gnarled shapes add to a haunted house effect, to my eyes at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulophot View Post
    Greg, that's a fine old house, and the tree shadows, to me, lend an air of the history from the time it was a family home of some wealthy person, as I assume it was.
    I also like the Waterloo Falls home image on your site.
    Thanks Philip! Waterloo Village is a great place to shoot and it's a shame that the NJ Parks Department doesn't have the money to keep up with the buildings at the park. I ended up visiting eight mansions for the series and it's insane how much wealth theses families had.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    I want to see inside

Old buildings are neat

I once lived in a 1789 stone house

When I was half your age
    I'd love to get a peek inside too. There's a few mansions by me like Lyndhurst (below) and Vanderbilt up in Hyde Park NY that offer tours, and I had the chance to tour Vanderbilt right before the pandemic hit. There's a level of craftsmanship in these places that I feel like we just don't see anymore.

Lyndhurst by Greg Couch, on Flickr
    Last edited by grcouch501; 25-May-2022 at 09:18. Reason: Broken link

David Schaller

These are great Greg. Thanks for sharing.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

San Francisco City Hall From Franklin Street

Gold and platinum toned Kallitype. I recently shot this on a very windy day without using the big golf umbrella and tripped the shutter a little too quick after a gust of wind subsided which resulted in a slight vibration visible in the negative - somewhat like a soft focus negative which I found intriguing. I was planning on reshooting it today if it was sunny but it was overcast all day with rain beginning in the afternoon so I printed it under overcast skies and at the last moment after development decided to experiment by toning it with both gold borax and platinum before fixing which meant that I had to leave the print face down in the water for over an hour while I mixed the gold toner and let it age for "at least one hour before using." Naturally I screwed-up and toned with the gold first anf then the platinum instead of the other way around. But it turned out alright anyway although I doubt that I will mat it.

Thomas
    Last edited by tgtaylor; 15-Mar-2021 at 13:27. Reason: Better Scan

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

San Francisco City Hall From Franklin Street - Take 2

MUCH better in my opinion: I was in love with it as soon as it hit the developer and didn't disappoint through dry-down. I had a chance to reshoot this negative yesterday afternoon. developed it this morning and printed under an overcast sky this afternoon. It wasn't as windy yesterday as it was on the first negative but I paid extra attention to the wind when I tripped the shutter and used a higher shutter speed (1/30" instead of the 1/15" as before) and this time toned it in the proper order: Platinum and then gold! I've becoming quite fond of split platinum and gold toning even though platinum increases the cost per print - 0.25mL of platinum on this print (and 0.75mL of 1% gold). If you look carefully they had the walkway lights turned on yesterday.

Thomas

Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Super Angulon 5.6/72 XL, T-Max 100 (at EI 200), N+1 dev in DD-X, split-toned.

Château d'Annecy; Annecy, France

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe View Post
    Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Super Angulon 5.6/72 XL, T-Max 100 (at EI 200), N+1 dev in DD-X, split-toned.

I really like this!