Page 258 of 274 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 2,571 to 2,580 of 2737

Thread: post your Architecture photographs!

Re: post your Architecture photographs!

Quote Originally Posted by olegkasko View Post

St Paraskeva Church, Ukraine, April 2021
    Ancient wooden orthodox church in Pirogovo village near Kiev in Ukraine.
    20x24" (50x60cm) gelatin silver print

All wonderful and very special in content and tonal scale

LMT classic
    Apo-Sironar S 210
    Hp5+
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSFF69_1_1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	219801
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSFF69_4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	219802
    www.christo.stankulov.com

Quote Originally Posted by rfesk View Post
    Wonderful photos! Thanks for posting. I was in Kiev in 2014 - wish I had known about this church.
    Thanks! It's located in Pirogov (Museum of Folk Architecture and Life of Ukraine) it's right in Kiev. There are many such old churches there

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    I love this shot! I just love this building.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    All wonderful and very special in content and tonal scale
    Thanks! The film was pushed 3 stops to get the contrast on the wooden boards

Been awhile since I've had anything to contribute here... this shot is of the Times Square Building in Rochester, NY. I'm shooting a series on Kodak and just couldn't pass up a chance to capture a shot of this unique building. It opened in 1930 and each of those wings atop the building weighs 12,000 lbs. Keep your fingers crossed for me - I mailed in 6 shots of Ektar 100 from this trip to my usual lab in NYC and it seems USPS lost my package... would love to share those photos if USPS ever manages to find my film.

Times Square Building by Greg Couch, on Flickr
    Last edited by grcouch501; 25-May-2022 at 09:19. Reason: Broken Link

Greg, this one is just a phenomenal shot. I didn’t know about those wings on top of the Times Square building. Its quite intriguing and thank you for sharing the info.

The picture captures the building and viewpoint perfectly. Mind sharing some details about the lens and film?

I do hope you find your negatives. What a shame it would be if they are lost.

Joel Edmondson

I agree with kmallick... this is indeed a phenomenal shot and every aspect of the performance is beautifully rendered! Thank you for sharing.
    Joel

Great Photo of the Times Square Building. I also like the print of the Kiev church.

Here's a photo of a newly built bridge in Berlin:

bridge-1 by m k, auf Flickr

Greg, I love that cloud. What a delightful complement to the building!
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

I don't mean to be a curmudgeon... but I spent the first 55 years of my life in Rochester, and I can assure you that the Times Square building is not wider at the top than at the bottom. Otherwise a well-executed view of a classic Art Deco skyscraper... with just enough raking light across the east facade to show the depth.
    I do enjoy seeing my hometown through someone else's eyes, too!

Quote Originally Posted by kmallick View Post
    Greg, this one is just a phenomenal shot. I didn’t know about those wings on top of the Times Square building. Its quite intriguing and thank you for sharing the info.

The picture captures the building and viewpoint perfectly. Mind sharing some details about the lens and film?

I do hope you find your negatives. What a shame it would be if they are lost.
    Thanks kmallick, Joel, Max, & Ulophot! I shot this with my Cambo SCII on Kodak T-Max 100 (developed in DD-X) with a Nikkor 90mm f/8 lens. This is actually the first time I chose T-Max instead of my usual FP4 Plus and I love the way it rendered the skies. It also felt kinda wrong to be shooting Ilford film in Kodak's back yard.

I really do hope they find the negatives I sent. I opened a missing mail case last week but we'll see what happens. It's extra disheartening because those shots were my first go at 4x5 color film and I was excited for the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    I don't mean to be a curmudgeon... but I spent the first 55 years of my life in Rochester, and I can assure you that the Times Square building is not wider at the top than at the bottom. Otherwise a well-executed view of a classic Art Deco skyscraper... with just enough raking light across the east facade to show the depth.
    I do enjoy seeing my hometown through someone else's eyes, too!
    You've got a good point Mark - the building is very much the same size at top and bottom IRL. I've been playing around with warping the perspective in Photoshop for a few days and haven't nailed it yet. It's driving me crazy too because my tripod and front/rear standards were leveled off. I chalked it up to unavoidable distortion from the 90mm lens. I really wanted to squeak by with my 150mm and avoid the distortion altogether but couldn't find a viewpoint I liked. I've noticed it's more obvious in vertical shots vs. portrait. Any good suggestions on architecture to check out in the Rochester area? I have a lot more trips to the area ahead of me before I wrap up my Kodak series and I'd love to hear from a long time resident.