Thread: XHTML Coding Service

XHTML Coding Service

http://psd2html.com/order-now.html

It was inevitable it would come down to this... now the lowest price war to the end times will really break out.

I see in black and white.

Re: XHTML Coding Service

They obviously don't know that it's better to use HTML 4 strict than XHTML. Then again, that's why I do my own.

Yeah, sounds like a commercial for a cheap inkjet printer - all you have to do is press a button and out comes a beautiful print! And it can be yours for only...

Well, I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum and I don't see them as threat at all. In fact, I may keep the link and pass it on to the prospective clients who balk at my price.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim View Post
    They obviously don't know that it's better to use HTML 4 strict than XHTML. Then again, that's why I do my own.
    Hi Stepahine,

I wouldn't want to start another flame war, especially on a topic like this , but I think the jury is still out on that one. At the very least, XHTML is a subset of XML (as opposed to HTML) with all the advantages that stem from that.

BTW, are you redesigning your blog or maybe creating a new site?

That looks like a cool service! Programmed in India??? In any case, I'm *almost* tempted to send them work to cut down on my own workload. But I won't.

I see in black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    Hi Stepahine,

I wouldn't want to start another flame war, especially on a topic like this , but I think the jury is still out on that one. At the very least, XHTML is a subset of XML (as opposed to HTML) with all the advantages that stem from that.

BTW, are you redesigning your blog or maybe creating a new site?
    New site, when I'm not trying to figure out the new camera. The blog is getting a face lift as well so that it works better as a combination photolog/blog.

I actually own two domains. thirtyfivemillimeter.org is pretty much just where I plan to put everything other than what I'm doing with the 4x5 camera. mentalexperimental.org is where I plan to put all my new 4x5 image work as well as a blog detailing the journey into the larger format. Working on that right now.

Still Developing

This service actually looks very, very good.. The example code is well built and they are talking the right talk.

Tim

p.s. The comment about it being better to use HTML4 Strict is nonsense.. There may be a little more to learn to handle XHTML Transitional but it's fundamentally better in so many ways (including search engine optimisation) that it's a no brainer. Of course I may be wrong and other opinions are valid - if you want to reply, post a quick summary of your reasons and then we can continue the conversation offline and if necessary come back with our conclusions.

Just curious, for the average home page, how much time does it take to do the coding for an experienced guy, once the design has been provided ?

> it's fundamentally better in so many ways (including search engine optimisation)

Why would the web standards that you use have an impact on SEO ?