Page 397 of 424 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

The front standard looks way sturdier then the 4x5 / 5x7 version, but in general I think all the Stenopeika folding cameras look like they have unstable front standard even their high end models

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto Nania View Post

Here you can see the camera from a different view

Even the first day l loved 4X5 so much!
    The best view of all time Canon!https://bilgisevenler.com/english-knowledges

I didn't think I'd like this camera as much as I do. Turns out it's the best 8x10 I've ever owned. If there were a 4x5 version, it would rule that category, but that honour belongs to the Technikardan 45-S.
    Anyway, in the last 2 months I've made countless lens boards, a 4x5 reducing back, and drilled/tapped a second thread so as to attach a long QR plate with two screws.

This is the first-generation Wehman, so the shell did not have any speed holes.
    Today I finally finished all the hole-drilling in the aluminum shell, it shaved 2.5 lbs off the camera and looks pretty kool.
    It now weighs 8.15 lbs or 3.7 kg. and can support a 4.4 pound lens very nicely. Ask me how I know.

Next I'm gonna get my daughter to paint the exterior shell. Mid-century govt-office gray won't cut it anymore.
    Maybe a Stars and Stripes on one side and a Maple Leaf on the other. That way, it'll feel like I'm at the hockey game every time I take out the Wehman.

Last edited by Ari; 4-May-2021 at 14:51. Reason: spelling

Way cool, Ari! Definitely do the paint job.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    Next I'm gonna get my daughter to paint the exterior shell. Mid-century govt-office gray won't cut it anymore.
    Maybe a Stars and Stripes on one side and a Maple Leaf on the other. That way, it'll feel like I'm at the hockey game every time I take out the Wehman.
    LOL nice I can't wait to see that!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I just want this camera so so much! Sadly they are super hard to find and even harder to find in Europe.

I didn't think I'd like this camera as much as I do. Turns out it's the best 8x10 I've ever owned. If there were a 4x5 version, it would rule that category, but that honour belongs to the Technikardan 45-S.
    Anyway, in the last 2 months I've made countless lens boards, a 4x5 reducing back, and drilled/tapped a second thread so as to attach a long QR plate with two screws.

This is the first-generation Wehman, so the shell did not have any speed holes.
    Today I finally finished all the hole-drilling in the aluminum shell, it shaved 2.5 lbs off the camera and looks pretty kool.
    It now weighs 8.15 lbs or 3.7 kg. and can support a 4.4 pound lens very nicely. Ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by BLATT LAB View Post
    I just want this camera so so much! Sadly they are super hard to find and even harder to find in Europe.
    If I had bought it 3 years ago, or 10 years ago, I wouldn't have kept it. I would have considered it crude in operation and lacking precision.
    I still had to go through a few other cameras and some "dream" cameras that I thought would be fantastic, but eventually were not right (Arca) or got too heavy (Toyo).
    Having now sampled from many fruits of the tree, I'm at ease with this camera and enjoy it far more than other 8x10 cameras I've owned.
    It's light, it's tough, it can hold heavy lenses, it's very cleverly designed and it's easily modified by the user.

Thats exactly why I also want one! I really hope I can find one soon!

If I had bought it 3 years ago, or 10 years ago, I wouldn't have kept it. I would have considered it crude in operation and lacking precision.
    I still had to go through a few other cameras and some "dream" cameras that I thought would be fantastic, but eventually were not right (Arca) or got too heavy (Toyo).
    Having now sampled from many fruits of the tree, I'm at ease with this camera and enjoy it far more than other 8x10 cameras I've owned.
    It's light, it's tough, it can hold heavy lenses, it's very cleverly designed and it's easily modified by the user.

Might be cheaper to have a copy made

Quote Originally Posted by BLATT LAB View Post
    Thats exactly why I also want one! I really hope I can find one soon!
    Tin Can

Anyone who makes copy of them with equal quality?

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Might be cheaper to have a copy made