Page 389 of 424 FirstFirst ... 289339379387388389390391399 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

What format? 14x17? 11x14? I had a Wisner 11x14 Technical Field that converted to 12x20 / 8x20. Heavy sucker. Changed it out to a Canham 8x20 wood and a V11 Deardorff.

12x20

I might cut some 14x17 x-ray film I have down to 12x17 - same ratio as 5x7!
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Nice camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    12x20

I might cut some 14x17 x-ray film I have down to 12x17 - same ratio as 5x7!
    Same addictive condition I am suffering from. Started with 8x10 and what seemed like no time without any external encouragement I was into ULF which turned into an addiction. 8x20, 11x14 and 12x20 where 8x10 is my point and shoot. Durst CMS 1840 2,000 watt 10x10 seems to be where things have leveled off (at least for the time being). Thank God for understanding women.

Barry Young

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190821_124311.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	209946

Name:	032.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	209947

Name:	033.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	209948
    Here is the old Korona, back from the dead, saved on it's way to the junk heap.
    One of my students came to me and said "There is a plate camera down at the antique mall that you just have to see, it is HUGE!!". Well, having heard those types of mutterings from many people before, I was leary. Usually when I take the time to follow these leads, what awaits me is a Kodak Autographic roll film camera that I have absolutely no interest in. Anyway, if you don't try you don't win. So off I go to the antique mall, and I found a dilapidated, dark, broken up old junky 11x14 Korona with bad bellows, broken wood and nothing much to recommend it. 2 months later after dropping all of my other projects, the broken wood was replaced, the finish restored to its original luster, new bellows that I made were fitted, a rebuilt Packard shutter was installed and three Zeiss barrel lenses were in the custom camera case beside this wonderful camera. shopgoodwill.com netted me a very nice Berlebach tripod with integral giant ball head which just needed a little finish restoration. That and some other accessories like custom made film holder from my shop resulted in a very nice user camera. Just have to figure a way to tighten up the rails on to back then she will be better than new.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    My latest V8 (photos by previous owner), I believe the fact that there is no Serial # and from the nameplate that it is a TN manufactured camera. It also has stainless steel knobs and I believe all SS hardware. I believe that Chicago used first plated brass knobs and hardware, and later aluminum knobs. It is very tight and basically low use (unused) camera with good fit and finish!. If anyone has thoughts on the manufacture, pls share. Luis

Attachment 209590Attachment 209591Attachment 209592
    If it has no metal plate on the bottom, and has no serial number, I suspect it is like mine and made before 1939.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Same addictive condition I am suffering from. Started with 8x10 and what seemed like no time without any external encouragement I was into ULF . . .
    Boy, not me. I had an 8x10 and couldn't resist getting an 8x20 that was in very nice condition. That "addiction" lasted for one photograph.

Quote Originally Posted by neil poulsen View Post
    Boy, not me. I had an 8x10 and couldn't resist getting an 8x20 that was in very nice condition. That "addiction" lasted for one photograph.
    At least you figured out what works and what does not work for you in short order. Clearly ULF introduces a whole new level of operational "adjustments" from proper film holder registration / resolving light leaks to finding adequate lens coverage for camera movements and the need to compensate for macro exposures when with other formats it would never be an issue. The enormous large screen GG encouraged me to get past these issues. Everyone needs to find their own way. Thankfully we still have these options to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    If it has no metal plate on the bottom, and has no serial number, I suspect it is like mine and made before 1939.
    Has a metal plate and is recent I suspect post 1990.