Page 259 of 427 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4262

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

Quote Originally Posted by Rory_5244 View Post
    Ahem.

They should make this with a Copal hole that matches the distance of a certain popular lens so it can be an 8x10 walk around camera

True! This one's the teensy 4x5, though. Got some strange pictures with it while walking and exposing at the same time. 8)

Lugged my 8x10 B&J and Ries tripod and a backpack full of film holders to the beach today. It's about a 3/4 mile walk each way from door to state park, with some elevation changes.

Got 4 sheets exposed, and then moved out of the woods and onto the rocks, found a nice photo subject, set things up, and the shutter stops working. With my Kodak 305, the shutter is right out front. It's been snowing all day and I think the blades got wet and the viscosity is preventing them from closing reliably. I'll see how it works after they dry out. I didn't get the last few photos I wanted, but I got plenty of fresh air and exercise. I usually bring the 4x5 or MF and they are much smaller and lighter for the camera and film.

One place, I had to set down the gear while I climbed down a big rock. Big chunks of ice floating by are common sight this time of year and it's always strange as they are so bright in the ocean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0321151715a.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	131224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0321151717.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	131225

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Lugged my 8x10 B&J and Ries tripod and a backpack full of film holders to the beach today. It's about a 3/4 mile walk each way from door to state park, with some elevation changes.

Got 4 sheets exposed, and then moved out of the woods and onto the rocks, found a nice photo subject, set things up, and the shutter stops working. With my Kodak 305, the shutter is right out front. It's been snowing all day and I think the blades got wet and the viscosity is preventing them from closing reliably. I'll see how it works after they dry out. I didn't get the last few photos I wanted, but I got plenty of fresh air and exercise. I usually bring the 4x5 or MF and they are much smaller and lighter for the camera and film.

One place, I had to set down the gear while I climbed down a big rock. Big chunks of ice floating by are common sight this time of year and it's always strange as they are so bright in the ocean.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0321151715a.jpg 
Views:	293 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	131224Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0321151717.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	105.9 KB 
ID:	131225
    Nice shutter!

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Got 4 sheets exposed, and then moved out of the woods and onto the rocks, found a nice photo subject, set things up, and the shutter stops working. With my Kodak 305, the shutter is right out front. It's been snowing all day and I think the blades got wet and the viscosity is preventing them from closing reliably. I'll see how it works after they dry out...
    Jason,

Why don't you find yourself a nice big ol' series IX filter to sit in front of that shutter and protect it? It's indeed quite vulnerable sitting way in front as it does...

It looks like my 14 inch Kodak Commercial Ektar lens. The shutter is not exposed in front.

Shutter is working great today indoors. I guess I'll have get a filter ring and filter or hood to protect the shutter. A great idea.

David, this lens has no front element, just a chunk of glass in the back. Essentially the same shutter though.

Norma set up to view the recent partial eclipse.

It was cloudy.

Cool! What's on the back of the camera? Not the viewing area but the rear standard. I assume a telescope eyepiece?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I jury-rigged a 28 mm wide angle from a 35mm/DSLR camera, which worked, but I had no good way to hold it, and it wiggled out of alignment a bit too easily.

So this is a collection of gadgets. A lensboard with a Hasselblad mount. Then a Hasselblad-Pentax converter. Then a Pentax 'monocular scope converter', which attaches to a lens and turns it into a telescope.

The scope converter is not particularly good as eyepieces go, but it's well matched to the f9 420 Apo-Ronar at the front in terms of light angles, and it projects a good enough image to see sunspots. It has a built-in image rectifier too, which makes alignment easier. It also has no glass at the prime focus, so there's no danger of it getting too hot.

I hacked this together so my youngest son's school class could see and photograph the eclipse without worrying about the safety of their eyes (or their mobiles' imaging chips). It worked amazingly well in testing, but as it turned out, providence supplied exactly the right density of cloud and they could stare directly at the sun without protection (the same cloud prevented them seeing crescent shadows though). We did use my light meter in incident mode to plot the drop in light levels around the eclipse maximum - their first 'real' graph.