Page 112 of 426 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 4258

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your camera!

Emil. You should set ALL the cameras up facing a naked girl. Then take the photo. Then provide a giant print of all the angles of the photo

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    so - here's the picture (I forgot to change the image of me to a naked girl, sorry...) where I have tried to put names on some of the stuff...(by memory - the stuff is still in my studio....)

Can be hard to read, so a much bigger version is located here:

http://www.emilschildt.com/cameracolletion.htm

that's really decent - thanks - truly enjoyable

regards

andrew

This is not a current photograph, though I sometimes wish it were. This is from about 4.5 years ago. I have almost none of the equipment pictured here any more. I have the Mamiya 645, the smaller light meter, and the old Konica SLR that belonged to my grandfather. Otherwise, it's all been sold or given away. I've since switched to Canon for 35mm and digital, added a couple half frame cameras, an old Canon rangefinder, and a Pentax 67. Soon will be adding a Chamonix 4x5 as the long-overdue replacement for that lovely Linhof monorail.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Tjugen View Post
    Emil has more. I've been downsizing instead of upsizing, after I discovered that 30x40cm was too big to carry - and a babystroller just won't work in these parts of the world! So my biggest camera is 24x30cm, going down (LF and plate cameras only) to 6x4.5cm.

Lenses - I think Emil has more big stuff. I may have more small lenses, and casket sets...
    Ole, what kind is your 24x30 cm? I purchased a lot of 24x30 cm X-ray film, would be nice to have an option not to cut it down.

/gth

All metric sizes to 24x30 Ole Tjugen's Avatar

gth, my 24x30cm camera is an old unnamed German "Reisekamera". Wonderful thing which can use any focal length from 47mm to 800mm! Rigid front with double-sliding lensboard, limited movements on the back. Here it is, with a 360mm Symmar convertible for scale...

Quote Originally Posted by David R Munson View Post

This is not a current photograph, though I sometimes wish it were. This is from about 4.5 years ago. I have almost none of the equipment pictured here any more. I have the Mamiya 645, the smaller light meter, and the old Konica SLR that belonged to my grandfather. Otherwise, it's all been sold or given away. I've since switched to Canon for 35mm and digital, added a couple half frame cameras, an old Canon rangefinder, and a Pentax 67. Soon will be adding a Chamonix 4x5 as the long-overdue replacement for that lovely Linhof monorail.
    How long did you try to sell that Linhof for? And what did you end getting? Quite an epic sale lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    How long did you try to sell that Linhof for? And what did you end getting? Quite an epic sale lol....
    I actually traded the Linhof for a Mamiya RZ67 kit, which I then sold a year later due to financial troubles.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Tjugen View Post
    gth, my 24x30cm camera is an old unnamed German "Reisekamera". Wonderful thing which can use any focal length from 47mm to 800mm! Rigid front with double-sliding lensboard, limited movements on the back. Here it is, with a 360mm Symmar convertible for scale...
    That's a sweet camera. Thanks!

I googled the format after my dumb question and came up with a few European studio cameras, so I guess it was not all that unusual format back in the day.

I've seen one or two mentions of British MPP cameras in the last hundred-odd pages, but I've never seen another Press camera apart from the owner's club website... both a shutter in the lens and a focal plane shutter, focussing on the glass or with a cam rangefinder or from a scale, and a sports finder for good measure.

It's slowly getting worn - I've had it nearly thirty years, and it's probably sixty years old now - but it still all seems to work quite nicely thank you...

800 wide 'thumbnail' http://www.nailed-barnacle.co.uk/big...-bigthumb.jpeg and the full-sized scan at http://www.nailed-barnacle.co.uk/bigimages/0037.jpeg - don't download that unless you have at least a gigabyte of memory, preferably more, through the download is only 10MB

Neil

Chamonix 810

Thank you, Hugo (and Christian)!
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/