Page 343 of 424 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 4233

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

Sinar P2, I have the P2 8x10" also, for each format 4 lenses.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sinar_4x5".jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	173181

This was shot not long after I got the Canham 5x7 from a member here. There's way more snow now than in this photo. Fuji 210 5.6 (inside lettering)

Name:	instacanham1A.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	173189
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

My camera and tripod were itching to go for a walk today. I shot 10 sheets of tmy2 with the speed graphic (what I brought), 1 roll in the rolleiflex, and a handful on my cell phone after the Rolleiflex ran out of film and it was too cold to change it.

It was 0f and windy most of the day, meaning a -20 windchill. Wind slowed down a little at the end of the day and I was glad to get out and get fresh air. It was unpleasant for the first 10 minutes till I get the blood flowing with exercise, and then it was a pleasant winter afternoon shooting and hiking.

Afternoon walk to the beach with my speed graphic and tripod by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

Name:	IMG_20180101_154955.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	173257Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180101_152843.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	173258

Name:	Green Intrepid.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	173262
    In my old kitchen, shortly after I got the Intrepid 4x5.

Rob

A 60 years-old Linhof brochure, showing off their new upcoming 'Mark-3' Kardan Color 8x10'' Triplex Configuration (the whole system is highly modular allowing the mix of parts from differetnt models) - A West-German print advert, Munich, June 1959.

Moe, please note the different design of the knobs - compared to the traditional Faucet-Type knobs (which I prefered most).

Unlike the older type, the newly designed knobs could not be taken apart from the machine, as they all had a locking-pin, near the knob's neck.

This is brobably done to prevent a known occurence of knobs cracking or shattering if loosen away from their fixture and falling of a hard surface.

Name:	31129908174_0e3af01907_k  - SMALLER.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	173264

A high-resolution image of this print can be downloaded from :
    https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/433/31...cfb65519_o.jpg
    Last edited by Yuval; 2-Jan-2018 at 05:23. Reason: adding a link

Yuval,

I have 1962 and 1966 Linhof full catalogs. 1957 is online. I tried to find a Gigant studio stand for a while. I think they are all scrapped as they were electrical hydraulic and that stuff always fails, making the thing worthless. Except now...

Here are some of my Linhof lensboard mods. I have plenty of lensboards!

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1193360

Dustyman has one http://dustyman.com/post/12315064213...or-8x10-camera

Here's my first one in my old studio. https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...rst-day.96541/

Here's the first iteration, a prototype, maybe on 1 or 3 made. I have seen it in an old movie. Perhaps 'Funny Face' Audry Hepburn. I may have the wrong movie.

Bob Saloman a member here and former Linhof rep says the First Linhof Kardan Color 8X10 was too costly to manufacture. Notice the ball gimbal on the standard to rail connections. They can move in a very interesting way.

Linhof 8X10 Prototype by moe.randy, on Flickr

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

This is a picture of my Toyo 810MII camera. Since it was taken I had SK Grimes mount the 610 Apo-Nikkor in an Ilex 5 shutter that I purchased from a forum member and replaced the two rail endcaps with new ones obtained from Toyo. Even if I end-up not taking a picture, it's a beautiful camera to look at.

Note: Picture taken with the rear lenscap in place.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Yuval,

I have 1962 and 1966 Linhof full catalogs. 1957 is online. I tried to find a Gigant studio stand for a while. I think they are all scrapped as they were electrical hydraulic and that stuff always fails, making the thing worthless. Except now...

Here are some of my Linhof lensboard mods. I have plenty of lensboards!

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1193360

Dustyman has one http://dustyman.com/post/12315064213...or-8x10-camera

Here's my first one in my old studio. https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...rst-day.96541/

Here's the first iteration, a prototype, maybe on 1 or 3 made. I have seen it in an old movie. Perhaps 'Funny Face' Audry Hepburn. I may have the wrong movie.

Bob Saloman a member here and former Linhof rep says the First Linhof Kardan Color 8X10 was too costly to manufacture. Notice the ball gimbal on the standard to rail connections. They can move in a very interesting way.

I saw a Gigant on sale on Ebay Germany for 175 Euro about two weeks ago. Not all Ebay Germany's listings will appear on Ebay global, because those listings which will not ship (only collected locally) are pointless to publish outside Ebay Germany, and most Ebay Germany listings will only ship inside Germany but not abroad.

Shipping such a monstrum is a whole new opera.

There are of course, all kinds of active web-auctions in which you sort out by wise Google search-phrase.

Next time I'll see a Gigant on auction or on sale, I will send you the link on private mail.

The best way to collect Linhof parts is to actually go to Germany and look up into the local market.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    Yuval,

Notice the ball gimbal on the standard to rail connections. They can move in a very interesting way.

I've seen this weird contraption before, on picture and also as parts for sale about 5 years ago on Ebay. The monorail, The back-standard without the plate-carriage, and the front-standard. No bellows, no monorail-clamp, but the maim members were there.

Not as if I would consider it back-then, the Kardan Color 5x7 and 8x10 is a fully integrated one-solution system, allowing you to exchange parts between different models of the system - they produced 5 or 6 marks to the system.

The ball joints is an ingenious idea : it allows you to combine 'tilt' and 'swing' and 'revolve' free-movement, before locking into position.

Kardan Bi series allows you to tilt the standards at their base, but even that is far from the 3 axis movement of a ball-joint.

I remember the first 8x10 camera that I built many years ago...with both front and rear standards affixed onto ball heads which were attached to split blocks which slid on dual rails (aluminum closet poles), with a third sliding/locking split block positioned in between which was the tripod mount. Very simple and efficient...but "zeroing out" movements could be a bit iffy!