Page 330 of 389 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 3887

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

  1. #3291

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    621

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Consider adding your location to your "about me" in your profile.

    If you have a website or flickr with images let us know!
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

  2. #3292
    jp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,356

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    From my outing today in the woods of Owls Head Maine.
    Ries junior tripod with 3025 head, pre anniversary 4x5 speed graphic.
    7.25 inch verito soft focus lens.


    My usual large format setup. by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

  3. #3293
    i like pie bizarrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    31

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Finally i can post on this thread!
    Arrived today. A Wista 45 DX Cherry wood like new in box with a kodak ektar f7.7 on prontor shutter and 2 holders.
    The only "downside" is that the prontor shutter doesn't have an open shutter function so i have to lock it on B to focus etc. not even a T function. i don't really mind. i've been through toughest times. haha

    Anyway a quick picture and im off to the fields to try it out!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0029.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	163145

    good to be one of you guys

  4. #3294
    IanG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aegean (Turkey & UK)
    Posts
    4,122

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by bizarrius View Post
    Finally i can post on this thread!
    Arrived today. A Wista 45 DX Cherry wood like new in box with a kodak ektar f7.7 on prontor shutter and 2 holders.
    The only "downside" is that the prontor shutter doesn't have an open shutter function so i have to lock it on B to focus etc. not even a T function. i don't really mind. i've been through toughest times. haha

    Anyway a quick picture and im off to the fields to try it out!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_0029.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	163145

    good to be one of you guys
    You need to look for a Compur #0 shutter but you'd have to make a new scale, I have the same lens in the Protor SVS which I used in Cyrrus 15 months aga . I also now have a very late US version in a Graphic Compur #1 and it is far quicker to use, they are very sharp lenses and so small and light.

    You'll enjoy the Wista I've had mine for 30 years and they are great cameras to use.

    Ian

  5. #3295
    i like pie bizarrius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Cyprus
    Posts
    31

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    You need to look for a Compur #0 shutter but you'd have to make a new scale, I have the same lens in the Protor SVS which I used in Cyrrus 15 months aga . I also now have a very late US version in a Graphic Compur #1 and it is far quicker to use, they are very sharp lenses and so small and light.

    You'll enjoy the Wista I've had mine for 30 years and they are great cameras to use.

    Ian
    thank you very much but i don't think i wanna change anything on the lens. i'd rather spend money on a wider lens and some more sheet film . i am really excited to have started this journey. its like learning photography all over

  6. #3296

    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    4,565

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by bizarrius View Post
    i am really excited to have started this journey. its like learning photography all over
    There is a lot to enjoy about it !

    I've also recently engaged LF, all I can say is that LF transforms how one thinks about photography.

    Here you have Mr Adams, some 40 years after, remembering how he shot the Moonrise

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pe9gsbSqLI

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQT_rzI1Xdw&t=10s

  7. #3297
    David Lobato David Lobato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    At the just opened Kickerillo-Mischer Preserve in NW Harris County Texas today. The Toyo 810M got a workout, and was a curiosity for several people walking by. With Fujinon 360mm lens.


  8. #3298

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    252

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    David, I can see why it would be curious. What a beauty!

  9. #3299

    Join Date
    Dec 1999
    Location
    Forest Grove, Ore.
    Posts
    3,757

    Sinar 8x10 Camera

    This is the 8x10 camera that I've decided to keep. It combines a Sinar P rear standard with a Sinar Norma clamp and front standard.

    What I like about this camera is that the rear 8x10 Sinar P standard bearer was designed for copy work. It has no movements other than focus. At less than 12 lbs, this camera is lighter weight and not nearly as large or cumbersome as, say a standard Sinar P 8x10. Whatever configuration I might need involving rear movements can be duplicated using front movements alone. There's an ease of setup, efficiency, and elegance to this that I like.

    The camera is limited to 24" extension, which also makes it more compact. This enables me to fit the camera onto a standard 6" Sinar rail for relatively easy backpacking. On the rare occasions where I might need a longer draw, I have a Norma accessory standard and an extra bellows that I can use. When needed (3rd photo), I can add two 6" extensions to the Norma risers that gives the camera virtually unlimited rise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overall.jpg   Compressed.jpg   FrontRise.jpg  
    Last edited by neil poulsen; 15-Oct-2017 at 08:20.

  10. #3300

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    2,215

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Wow, never seen a rear standard like that. I think I have all the parts for an 8x10 P, but I've never put it all together to use it! L

Similar Threads

  1. Large Format show in Old Forge, NY
    By Winger in forum Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5-May-2013, 05:48
  2. Show your large prints from large format negatives
    By Ken Lee in forum Image Sharing (LF) & Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Mar-2013, 00:29
  3. Large Format Show at the Valley Photo Center
    By gene LaFord in forum Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9-Jan-2011, 09:04
  4. Melbourne (Australia) Large Format show and tell!
    By Paul Ewins in forum Groups & Meetings
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-Jun-2009, 20:41
  5. Vancouver Large Format photographers group show
    By Deniz Merdanogullari in forum Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3-Nov-2007, 18:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •