Page 185 of 379 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 3785

Thread: Show off your Large Format camera!

  1. #1841
    Kirk Gittings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Albuquerque, Nuevo Mexico
    Posts
    9,743

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    During my residency at Petrified Forest. Phillips 4x5, 210 Schneider.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Me Pet Forest.jpg  
    Thanks,
    Kirk

    at age 68
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

  2. #1842
    I live in Connecticut now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    5,316

    Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by alavergh View Post
    Attachment 109303

    Here's my Wisner 4x5 Technical Field. I've yet to take it out since I just got it...oh...a couple months ago. I love it so far, it just needs to stop being so cold and snowy around Indiana.
    Look at post 1841 (on thread or 1869 on tapatalk), weather is no excuse....

  3. #1843

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    I havenít been contributing or even just come to this forum for many many years, in fact, after more than 25 years of being a professional photographer ( and a teacher of large format photography, studio still life and portraits mainly) some 10 years ago I stopped with my professional activity ( well, I did work for a couple of years in a photographic capacity in a company where I was a partner until 4 years ago but there wasnít a lot of photography, quite a bit more of digital archival management, but if there was any photography it was mostly fashion accessories in the studio, and it was only digital) .

    These days I am not using my old large format cameras all that much.

    I sold most of my equipment ( and turned it into musical instruments, I became a woodwind instruments aficionado) but I still have a simple but very nice Linhof Kardan Standard.

    I have had many, many large format cameras in my career but this one isnít half bad.

    Despite being limited by the fact that it has no interchangeable bellows and only limited tilt movements of the back, when shooting in a landscape format (because otherwise you cannot insert the film holder... there is a way around this but it is rather clumsy and not practical with a lightweight tripod ) it is a perfectly useable camera.

    The tripod is one sold by Hama, made in Germany. It has a nice ball joint which, for a large format camera mostly used for field work totally eliminates the need for a head and the hole set is rather lightweight.

    I used to have many lenses. I now have sold them all. All I am left with, is a Tominon set which I have left from a Polaroid MP-4 (sold that one too). This has to be the champion of the cheap, modern, large format lenses.

    It has a copal shutter ( self-cocking) and you can mount on it any lens with a 39 x 1 mounting thread that is not too deep. So it came with a 135mm, a 105mm and a 75mm. But I guess you can put on it any enlarging lens, provided in doesnít disturb the shutter .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2356.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	109310

  4. #1844
    I live in Connecticut now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    5,316

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by andrea milano View Post
    I havenít been contributing or even just come to this forum for many many years, in fact, after more than 25 years of being a professional photographer ( and a teacher of large format photography, studio still life and portraits mainly) some 10 years ago I stopped with my professional activity ( well, I did work for a couple of years in a photographic capacity in a company where I was a partner until 4 years ago but there wasnít a lot of photography, quite a bit more of digital archival management, but if there was any photography it was mostly fashion accessories in the studio, and it was only digital) .

    These days I am not using my old large format cameras all that much.

    I sold most of my equipment ( and turned it into musical instruments, I became a woodwind instruments aficionado) but I still have a simple but very nice Linhof Kardan Standard.

    I have had many, many large format cameras in my career but this one isnít half bad.

    Despite being limited by the fact that it has no interchangeable bellows and only limited tilt movements of the back, when shooting in a landscape format (because otherwise you cannot insert the film holder... there is a way around this but it is rather clumsy and not practical with a lightweight tripod ) it is a perfectly useable camera.

    The tripod is one sold by Hama, made in Germany. It has a nice ball joint which, for a large format camera mostly used for field work totally eliminates the need for a head and the hole set is rather lightweight.

    I used to have many lenses. I now have sold them all. All I am left with, is a Tominon set which I have left from a Polaroid MP-4 (sold that one too). This has to be the champion of the cheap, modern, large format lenses.

    It has a copal shutter ( self-cocking) and you can mount on it any lens with a 39 x 1 mounting thread that is not too deep. So it came with a 135mm, a 105mm and a 75mm. But I guess you can put on it any enlarging lens, provided in doesnít disturb the shutter .

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2356.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	109310
    Glad you've kept one, Curious about the musical instruments lol. Thanks for sharing.

  5. #1845

    Re: My Three Plaubel Makiflex Cameras.

    Very low production, but appear here and there. Rather bulky but surprisingly lightweight and user-friendly. Has a unique mirror-dampening system, ideal for handholding. About the same buzz as using a 4x5 Auto Graflex, but sooo much more elegant to use and fun.

    Yes an ideal design IMO.
    ďThe secret of getting ahead is getting started.Ē
    ― Mark Twain

  6. #1846

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Bit off topic i know, but was curious.
    If your beloved camera got damaged, where would you go?
    DIY job? A specialist?
    Any country listings?
    ie im in the UK, but have friends in US who asked recently where they might be able to look.

    A mate mentioned he had used this site, but don't think he realised was using a LFCam, rather than a standard DSLR.

    Sorry if in wrong section
    Great looking kits everyone

  7. #1847
    Robert H's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    57

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09282.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	109378

  8. #1848
    jp's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    5,248

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyTreeSupreme View Post
    Bit off topic i know, but was curious.
    If your beloved camera got damaged, where would you go?
    DIY job? A specialist?
    Any country listings?
    ie im in the UK, but have friends in US who asked recently where they might be able to look.

    A mate mentioned he had used this site, but don't think he realised was using a LFCam, rather than a standard DSLR.

    Sorry if in wrong section
    Great looking kits everyone
    I've got backup cameras. My camera isn't beloved, it's a tool. Carpenters lose hammers (not very often), police lose cars.

    I'd try to fix it, unless it was a shutter problem then I'd send it away somewhere or replace it. Google would help me find what I need, and a specific post stating what I needed here would probably provide quality referrals/suggestions.

  9. #1849
    I live in Connecticut now.
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    5,316

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by Robert H View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC09282.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	109378
    Wow! What is that??!!

  10. #1850

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Posts
    2,947

    Re: Show off your Large Format camera!

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Wow! What is that??!!
    Sinar P.

Similar Threads

  1. Large Format show in Old Forge, NY
    By Winger in forum Announcements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5-May-2013, 05:48
  2. Show your large prints from large format negatives
    By Ken Lee in forum Image Sharing (LF) & Discussion
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 7-Mar-2013, 00:29
  3. Large Format Show at the Valley Photo Center
    By gene LaFord in forum Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 9-Jan-2011, 09:04
  4. Melbourne (Australia) Large Format show and tell!
    By Paul Ewins in forum Groups & Meetings
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 26-Jun-2009, 20:41
  5. Vancouver Large Format photographers group show
    By Deniz Merdanogullari in forum Announcements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 3-Nov-2007, 18:11

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •