Thread: Epson 7000 Printer Setup for print size & profile ??

Epson 7000 Printer Setup for print size & profile ??

I have an Epson 7000 which I have not used in a few years and lit it off a couple days ago. I quickly realized that I forgot how to produce a large print.
    I wanted to make a print 22" wide and 15" tall on 24" roll paper.I choose a canvas in Photoshop 24" X 16" but the print keeps coming out 8"x10" 0n a 24" X 16" paper and wasting all my paper. How do I fill the chosen canvass?

The second problem is that I created a custom profile on an old Gretag Macbeth Spectroscan but I do not know the exact procedure for embedding this profile in the printer menu. In printer properties I selected the profile but when the printer menu pops up it is giving me choices of selecting sRGB, ICM, Text/Graph or No Color Adjustment. I tend to want to choose no color adjustment as I already choose my profile in the printer properties but at the samr time my profile WAS an ICM and I did use an RGB target to produce the profile. decisions decisions....?? What do I choose to insure that I am only using my desired Printer profile that I created?
    Thanks---Bill
    Last edited by Bill W; 21-May-2008 at 05:24. Reason: forgetful

Re: Epson 7000 Printer Setup for print size & profile ??

Quote Originally Posted by Bill W View Post
    I have an Epson 7000 which I have not used in a few years and lit it off a couple days ago. I quickly realized that I forgot how to produce a large print.
    I wanted to make a print 22" wide and 15" tall on 24" roll paper.I choose a canvas in Photoshop 24" X 16" but the print keeps coming out 8"x10" 0n a 24" X 16" paper and wasting all my paper. How do I fill the chosen canvass?

The second problem is that I created a custom profile on an old Gretag Macbeth Spectroscan but I do not know the exact procedure for embedding this profile in the printer menu. In printer properties I selected the profile but when the printer menu pops up it is giving me choices of selecting sRGB, ICM, Text/Graph or No Color Adjustment. I tend to want to choose no color adjustment as I already choose my profile in the printer properties but at the samr time my profile WAS an ICM and I did use an RGB target to produce the profile. decisions decisions....?? What do I choose to insure that I am only using my desired Printer profile that I created?
    Thanks---Bill
    OK--I think I have it figured out. Just spent another day with the manual-Thanks Bill