Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tioga Pass opens tomorrow!

Talking Tioga Pass opens tomorrow!

...this according to the Fresno Bee.
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

Re: Tioga Pass opens tomorrow!

Yipee! But let's not all rush there at once!

I was in Yosemite last week and much to my dismay Tioga was closed. Glad to hear it is open,it does me good though.

It looks like its only open from Crane Flat to Yosemite Creek. It's open to bikes the whole way though!

A friend of mine was in the Valley last week and said the falls were incredible, and the Dogwoods are blooming.

-Brad

Always a concern when Tioga opens. Straight shot over the mountain to Tonopah for all the folk in central Cal. I pissed off. I'll bet the dogwoods are beautiful.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com I am "tpahjim" on ebay See Something U Want, Talk 2 Me Here

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Always a concern when Tioga opens. Straight shot over the mountain to Tonopah for all the folk in central Cal. I pissed off. I'll bet the dogwoods are beautiful.
    Sorry Jim, I didn't mean to piss you off!

If it's any consolation I have to wait until I can replace my old old USFS green truck with a new old USFS green truck before I can get up and over there (the door fell off yesterday---metal fatigue!)

An auction is coming up on the 30th
    I steal time at 1/125th of a second, so I don't consider my photography to be Fine Art as much as it is petty larceny.
    I'm not OCD. I'm CDO which is alphabetically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    Sorry Jim, I didn't mean to piss you off!

If it's any consolation I have to wait until I can replace my old old USFS green truck with a new old USFS green truck before I can get up and over there (the door fell off yesterday---metal fatigue!)

An auction is coming up on the 30th
    With $4 gasoline ($5 in Lee Vining?) I doubt anyone will make a special trip over to Tonopah. I can keep right on making folks mad. John, just a door. You give up so easily. Must've been one of the Dodge's.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com I am "tpahjim" on ebay See Something U Want, Talk 2 Me Here

I'll be there on Tuesday of next week...I hope the dogwoods are still blooming. It looks like there is still a substantial amount of snow in the higher elevations so many of the hikes (Cathedral Lakes, Elizabeth Lake) I had planned are a no go....what on earth will I photograph?!

The most I ever paid for a gallon of gas was the station closest to Yosemite. Fuel up big time before you get there. Looks like the 14th day of price increases today. 9% from last month, 19% from last year.

I want to be in Yosemite more than ever, but how to get there and drive around. Now the oil companies are doing what's called "Green Washing".

Crikey, isn't it early yet? Did the Sierra not get a lot of snow this year? F'g global warming.
    Laurent