Thread: "Camera license"

"Camera license"

Do YOU have a camera license? What with all them thar "terrorist photographers" running around...

Big Brother, on the other hand, doesn't feel he needs any sort of license.

Big Negs Rock!

Re: "Camera license"

No offense. But this FEAR propaganda is such bull shit. Anyone who thinks that this USA administration has told the truth, has sipped the Kool Aid. There is no terrorist group that is coming to America. There is no Bin Laden that is coming here. There were no Wepons of Mass Destruction in Iraq. Karl Rove and George Orwell are the winners. Democracy is lost.

A Camera License, get real.
    Mark Woods

Large Format B&W
    Cinematography Mentor at the American Film Institute
    Past President of the Pasadena Society of Artists
    Director of Photography
    Pasadena, CA
    www.markwoods.com

Just waiting to be developed..

Stupidity seems contagious. One of my friends is forever reminding me that "common sense isn't necessarily common".
    I wonder what license i would need for my 12x20? Something signed by the president or pm?
    -Ian Mazursky
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary
    PrePress Express

Confidently Agnostic!

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    Haha, that guy was kind of an asshole, but point well made. I'll bet he wouldn't have been such a brave guy if the cop was some fit muscled dude though.

The intervening woman was pretty funny: "because of the terrorism".

Cops work for us, and that's what people forget. I think this was a pretty trite example (compared to something like Rodney King), but video-recording the cops is just one tool citizens have to make sure the police behave, and document when they don't.

Moderators - Please move this to The Lounge where it should have been posted in the first place. It and the links provided have nothing whatsoever to do with Location and Travel.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    Moderators - Please move this to The Lounge where it should have been posted in the first place. It and the links provided have nothing whatsoever to do with Location and Travel.
    HA! Wait until they ask for your "camera license" when you're visiting the UK.

I was recently accosted by PCSO's in England (linked in the comments on that boing boing article above) - here's my blog post about it (if you are interested)... http://benneh.net/blog/index.php/200...-for-presence/

Quote Originally Posted by BennehBoy View Post
    I was recently accosted by PCSO's in England (linked in the comments on that boing boing article above) - here's my blog post about it (if you are interested)... http://benneh.net/blog/index.php/200...-for-presence/
    Ah yes. Gray Hair. Lovely.

Sometimes I wish I could get a refund for my law degree.