Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: ULF Print Exchange!

Re: ULF Print Exchange!

Quote Originally Posted by argos33 View Post
    from a paper negative

Camera Info:
    Since I didn't have an ULF camera but wanted to take part in the exchange, I built a fixed-focus camera out of foam-core with an 11x14 paper box for the back of it and attached my tripod plate to the bottom of it. The lens is an Illex-Kendro WA process lens that I knew covered 11x14. I then figured out where the focus distance was (26 5/8" I believe it was) and would move the head to that distance from the lens.
    Nice work everyone, all of the prints look great!

Evan
    awesome stuff! with the info i appreciate the photo even more! well done. thanks for teh info.

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Thanks Eddie, I am now working on building a 16x20 camera (this time with bellows, GG) so I look forward to more exchanges.

A note to everyone:
    I am going to scan my print to post online, as well as a picture of the camera I made. I urge the rest of the participants to do the same so other members on the forum can see the work. I may start a new thread for this, so keep an eye out.

Evan

Peter and Evan,

Thanks for providing the additional info on your prints. I guess the other print must be Tim's. I hope he will respond regarding the materials etc. that he used.

Evan, I don't own a scanner capable of scanning a 7x17 print. If you decide to go ahead with the thread, please feel free to scan and post my print. Thanks.

I really am enjoying everone's prints,

John

Quote Originally Posted by John Bowen View Post
    ...... I don't own a scanner capable of scanning a 7x17 print. If you decide to go ahead with the thread, please feel free to scan and post my print. Thanks.

I really am enjoying everone's prints,

John
    Even a half decent digicam snap would be better than nothing, this sounds like such a great project!

Ok here is the thread I started in the "On Photography" section.

http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ad.php?t=42414

I just started a new job and am going to be strapped for time this week, but I have access to a big scanner and can probably post some of the other prints if you guys can't get a digital photo of them.

Cooke, Heliar, Petzval...yeah

I need to bring this thread back again, I didn't receive the prints from Tim. I'm not sure why but I didn't receive any response to my PM either.

Did everyone received the prints from Tim?
    Peter Hruby
    www.peterhruby.ca

Peter,

I received my prints way back on 10/28. I guess yours must be lost in the post. However, if you recall we each sent Tim 5 prints. Tim reduced our group from 6 to 5 when he moved Gus to the other group. Thus, those on our group only received 4 prints instead of 5. This means that Tim SHOULD have 2 sets of prints from the members of our group. So, Tim SHOULD be able to resend you a complete set of our group's prints.

Of course things are never as easy as they first appear. Keep us posted on your progress.

Maybe his inbox is full? Did you try emailing him? The check I sent him to reimburse for postage got sent back, and when I asked him for his address he never got back to me. I think he has been busy with the move and starting a new job. Hopefully you can get ahold of him.

Evan

tim810

Hi all,
    I am extremely sorry for my lack of involvement the last couple of months. My move has been really hectic. At the start of the exchange I had no clue that I was going to be moving to NY.

Peter,
    I have sent the prints and included some extras to hopefully make up for the delay.

As for the prints I sent they where taken with my CamboRitter 12x20 and 19" Artar on Berger bpf 200. Stand development in PMK for 45min with 1.5 min agitation at start and none afterward. The prints are made using Ilford multi grade fiber glossy with a slight selenium tone for preservation.

I will post more later and upload the scans as soon as I can.

Thank you for all your patience and beautiful prints

my new address is
    19 Hudson ave
    Nyack NY 10960