Thread: Hello From Chicago

Hello From Chicago

Hi All,

Well, I come from a 35mm/ 2 1/4 shooting background. So about a month or so ago I thought I needed a different challenge both subject matter wise and camera. A friend of mine let me use his 4X5 camera which was really nice of him. I decided I wanted to do portraits a subject matter that I rarely was into working with. I'm around people all day so why not do some portraits of the people I work with in there work spaces. I felt the idea was interesting and hopefully I will start on it very soon. I have been working with the camera doing for portraits of some people I know just trying to get a work flow going and trying to slow down, I'm always so used to doing things fast. Its been interesting and fun so far I'll see where it goes......

Here are 2 sites where I post my images feel free to check them out and comments are always welcome.

www.35photo.blogspot.com
    http://www.jpgmag.com/people/35photo

Thanks
    Marko

Re: Hello From Chicago

Welcome to group therepy Have always enjoyed visiting your neck of the woods, though its been several years now. Beautiful shoreline on the lake with all the boats moored on bouys...last time up there I stayed in an old hotel that overlooked that view and really liked it!

Marko, I just got on here too, after many years away from LF. So, I welcome you as a contemporary on this new-to-us forum. EuGene

Welcome to the LF Forum, Marko.

Used to live in Chicago. Still miss the Cape Cod Room and Gene and Georgetti's

Quote Originally Posted by panchro-press View Post
    Used to live in Chicago. Still miss the Cape Cod Room and Gene and Georgetti's
    Gene and Georgetti's, great Chicago restaurant! When your in that place you really feel like 30 years or so removed.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Marko

There is an active large format group called the Midwest Large Format Asylum. The website is
    www.midwestlargeformat.com.

The group is very friendly and has regular monthly outings. Some of the members are probably interested in portraiture and may be able to give you some advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard Evens View Post
    There is an active large format group called the Midwest Large Format Asylum. The website is
    www.midwestlargeformat.com.

The group is very friendly and has regular monthly outings. Some of the members are probably interested in portraiture and may be able to give you some advice.
    Thanks, I've heard of this group before, I think I found them on this site actually.