Thread: I need info. on 2 pieces of equipment - any help appreciated

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I need info. on 2 pieces of equipment - any help appreciated

My father passed away last year, and my mother and I have begun to go through his things to decide what to keep and what to sell. He was a photographer for many years when I was younger and had a large collection of all sorts of cameras and accessories.
    I have been trying to locate any information I can on these 2 pieces, because I need to know what they are valued at, and exactly what they are.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The picture below is of a lens that reads:
    LOGETRONIC 5 3/4" (147MM) f/1.9 SUPER LOGETAR

The other below reads:
    20 IN.E.F. BS2554 PAT.NO.1.971,434 and had notches for 10, 11, 16, 22, 32, 45, 64

I apologize for the terrible pictures. Please, if you know anything about these pieces or their value email me directly at pollydowner@hotmail.com. Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.

Re: I need info. on 2 pieces of equipment - any help appreciated

I would venture its a Process lens for doing copy work and such , as to its real worth
    I doubt It will bring any great funds , The process lens bring less than regular large format Lens Bring : Try google with the lens name and see what you: good luck:
    Lauren MacIntosh

Whats in back of you is the past and whats in front of you is the future now in the middle you have choices to make for yourself:

Not what you're wanting to here, but both of them are out of the mainstream of desirable items for large format photographers. I would venture that the 1.9 lens may have been part of an early xray imaging application and the 20 in. lens may have been used for aerial recon photography. The patent matched some kind of bayonet mounting system that Bausch & Lomb invented around 1931. Put them both on Ebay in a common sale and you'll know in 7 days what they're worth.

The 147mm Super LogEtar came from a "dodging contact printer" for 9"x9" aerial negatives. It's a big hunk of glass but I don't know what you'd do with it beyond its original use.