Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foto 3

Re: Foto 3

In response to several inquiries, this confirms that I will not be attending the event in Fort Collins and that Kirk and I are canceling the preconference scanning workshop. I've requested again that my name be removed from the web page, and hope this will eliminate any further confusion.

The scanning workshop is not cancelled. This is a foto3 workshop, not a Ted Harris workshop. We are working on a replacement, actually someone with more experience.

steve simmons

Please keep it civil, Steve.

My post is civil and truthful.

I think it is a shame that the posts about Mr. Corey have been interrupted by this personal issue.

I am saddened by Mr. Corey's passing. I enjoyed working with him on his article and felt privileged to show his work in View Camera.

steve simmons

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    The scanning workshop is not cancelled. This is a foto3 workshop, not a Ted Harris workshop. We are working on a replacement, actually someone with more experience.

steve simmons
    The foto3 website (still) says, squiggly quotes et al:

Scanning and Digital Workflow – you will spend three days of “hands on” digital processing and printing working with experts Ted Harris (editor of View Camera) and Kirk Gittings (noted architectural photographer and a member of the faculty of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago).
    Your post doesn't specify whether you are working on a replacement for the scanning workshop or for the VC editor? Or perhaps both?

I've requested again that my name be removed from the web page, and hope this will eliminate any further confusion.

As recently as Saturday, I was assured that they would be doing the workshop and until this morning I had heard nothing to the contrary. However, for a variety of reasons I'd prepared a backup and will make the announcement later today.

The web site will be updated by the end of the day as well.

steve simmons

[I] However, for a variety of reasons I'd prepared a backup and will make the announcement later today.
    Steve, I hope they recruit you for "Dancing with the Stars" (of course you'd first have to be a star...but hey!). I've rarely seen such an adroit two-step.
    ----------------------------------------------------

www.johnvossphotography.blogspot.com

John Latimer will be doing the scanning workshop for foto3. We will shorten the workshop to 2 days. This will be a hands on experience. John is an Adjunct Professor at RIT and operates his own scanning and digital output service in Rochestor, NY.

steve simmons

Steve's post WAS civil, Mr. Baker!

steve simmons
    Quote Originally Posted by Marko View Post
    you will spend three days of “hands on” digital processing and printing working with experts Ted Harris (editor of View Camera) and Kirk Gittings (noted architectural photographer and a member of the faculty of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago).
    These two statements seem to contradict. I generally consider an "expert" to be someone who has the utmost experience in their field of expertise.