Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Making a 6X10 holder out of two 8X10 holders...OR, Making film grips on 8X10 Holder?

Thumbs up Making a 6X10 holder out of two 8X10 holders...OR, Making film grips on 8X10 Holder?

Has anyone or does anyone around here do this? I know 4X10 holders have been/are done this way. Anyone around here do 6X10 holders by using two Fidelity/Lisco/etc. holders?

Another option for 6X10 shooters would be to make metal or even wood film grips aligned directly down the middle of an 8X10 holder. This is another option I have heard about that would be easier to do, but would still force one to have to have that extra bulk of the 8X10 holder since these metal film holders are epoxied and permanently set for 6X10 use only.

Anyone that does this kind of work, especially using two 8X10 holders and making a single 6X10 holder, please do contact me or post to the forum as I would love to have some 6X10 holders without going the spendy route of custom ones.

Thanks!!!

Re: Making a 6X10 holder out of two 8X10 holders...OR, Making film grips on 8X10 Hold

Why two?

Take apart the 8x10. Cut down the 8" parts. Put back together. Then figure out out how to cut the darkslide. Whole thing might be easier with some older wooden holders that are already in need of TLC.

Thumbs up Re: Making a 6X10 holder out of two 8X10 holders...OR, Making film grips on 8X10 Hold

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_3536 View Post
    Why two?

Take apart the 8x10. Cut down the 8" parts. Put back together. Then figure out out how to cut the darkslide. Whole thing might be easier with some older wooden holders that are already in need of TLC.
    Know anyone that would do this for me (hint hint)? I will offer one holder for each one that is modded for me. I only have the newer style, well, not newest newest, but not the wood types.

Re: Making a 6X10 holder out of two 8X10 holders...OR, Making film grips on 8X10 Hold

Here it is done to create a 4x10" holder:

http://www.galerie-photo.com/comment...0-en-4x10.html

In French, but the pictures say a lot.

Kind regards,
    Geert

Thumbs up Re: Making a 6X10 holder out of two 8X10 holders...OR, Making film grips on 8X10 Hold

Quote Originally Posted by Geert View Post
    Here it is done to create a 4x10" holder:

http://www.galerie-photo.com/comment...0-en-4x10.html

In French, but the pictures say a lot.

Kind regards,
    Geert
    Fantastic. It obviously requires the right tools, but doesn't look difficult to do in the right hands of someone that has the tools to do this. I wonder if there is somewhere around here in the US that can do this. Would love to have some 6X10 holders made...hmmmm.

Mike,
    that French page is very instructive.....I am willing to give it a try.
    Tracy
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Does anyone here shoot 6x10? I first read about this format on Wisner's site, and there's a short discussion about this over on APUG for anyone interested.

wfwhitaker

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Does anyone here shoot 6x10?
    I have a Wisner 6x10.

Hi Will,

Do you have any scans of images in this format that you could post, if you don't mind? Does your website have any 6x10 images?

We can start a separate thread - I wouldn't want to hijack audioexcels's thread.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Sen View Post
    Hi Will,

Do you have any scans of images in this format that you could post, if you don't mind? Does your website have any 6x10 images?

We can start a separate thread - I wouldn't want to hijack audioexcels's thread.

Thanks,
    Sanjay
    It's more than ok Sanjay. I love seeing photos and Tracy is my main man, so I think that should work out a-ok!

Please post away.