Thread: Want a chuckle..read.

Want a chuckle..read.

Well I just got back some sheets of film I had processed. Somehow the moron I am, ended up in the shot. Anyone else ever do this?

I guess Ill just have to photoshop me out but I am such an idiot. HAHA.

Chris

Re: Want a chuckle..read.

Try a shot featuring a big muckle blurry hand appearing holding a mobile phone during Two 17 second exposure's in perfect light..........And I don't have the technology for photoshop..... bummer!

Haha, you should post the shot Chris. One time I thought I had closed the shutter after an hour long night exposure (it sounded like it closed), so I used the light from my cell phone to look at it and of course it was still open.... Great shot except for the big blue blob...

These things catch up to everyone eventually. Today I was processing some film from a trip to Hawai'i a few months ago and found out what happens when the East River mixes with the Pacific Ocean--

That's the Brooklyn Bridge just past Manana Island. I was using Kinematic filmholders, and I guess I must have left that shot of the bridge in there some months before going to Hawai'i and forgotten about it. The counter is a little wonky on the Kinematics, so it doesn't always rotate, and it's easy to lose track if you're not paying attention.

I try to stay out of my own shots, but I did blow a great pair of exposures on a commercial shoot a couple of years ago.

A local tattoo shop hired me to illustrate some of their piercings and artwork on a husband and wife. Both are totally nude and I'm shooting one of my favorite cameras, an old and reliable RB67. You guessed it, I got all wound up in trying to be so gentlemanly and professional on a tight shot of the girl's hand holding her thigh open to reveal a very personal piercing and forgot to advance the film. That double exposure with it's seemingly blurred and moving extra hand sure makes it look like she was having a lot more fun posing than was the reality.

Sorry, I can't show that one here, but another one from that session of him is in the portrait section on my homepage.

Shooting architecture doesn't give me the same stress, so I haven't doubled up on any big film in years.

Tim
    "One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude." Carl Sandburg

David is that from pier 17?

Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    David is that from pier 17?
    It's from Pier 17 and Makapu'u Beach.

I exist, therefore I am

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    These things catch up to everyone eventually. Today I was processing some film from a trip to Hawai'i a few months ago and found out what happens when the East River mixes with the Pacific Ocean--

That's the Brooklyn Bridge just past Manana Island. I was using Kinematic filmholders, and I guess I must have left that shot of the bridge in there some months before going to Hawai'i and forgotten about it. The counter is a little wonky on the Kinematics, so it doesn't always rotate, and it's easy to lose track if you're not paying attention.
    Save film, expose on both sides!

I'm going to brush up on my photoshop skills to fix this one

Jon
    my black and white photos of the Mendocino Coast: jonshiu.zenfolio.com