Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beseler 8x10 conversion?

Beseler 8x10 conversion?

I'd like to place a Chromega Dichroic II (Omega, Super F) head onto my Beseler CB-7. If the head is too heavy on it's own I can happily counter-weight to take some pressure off...

This appears to be the image from Beseler Photo of the cold light kit, so I'm after something similar I guess?

Adapter Kit for 8"x10" light sources
    This kit includes all compnents necessary to mount virtually any suitable 8x10 light source* onto any of the Beseler 45M and 45VXL series enlargers. Cat.# 8351

The kit includes:

810 enlarger adapter casting; 810 film stage assembly, glass/diffuser; 810 film carrier; glass lens spring-loaded 810 film carrier; adapter plate for 45M condenser light source; and 45M Series hardware mounting kits.

Has anybody currently got a conversion kit or an adapter? It's very easy in theory to adapt the two.

I have two options.

1. Build a box and place the new head on the top of the box.
    No compacting the head when using 4x5 only, uses a lot of headroom.

2. Use the bellows from the Kamm and place the head on top of there.
    Can use less space, heighten the bellows as much as necessary, but this means using a different means to support the head. I have the top and bottom standards from the Kamm, but the huge cast metal may involve more effort to safely attach to the enlarger.

So I'm really after some photo's and dimensions of the original 8x10 conversion kit, so I can see the easiest way to mount the 8x10 head on the 4x5 enlarger.

Thanks!

Re: Beseler 8x10 conversion?

I have the conversion kit on a 45MX chassis back at my home in Nevada. If you want to PM your email to me where you can receive pictures, I can provide them and any dimensions you might need. I will also post back here if anyone else is interested.

Best,

Claude

Beseler conversion? What happened to the Omega 8x10?? Did you wind up not getting it?

From your other thread:
    ... I'm sat here counting out my pennies for the Omega 8x10 enlarger I'll be purchasing and picking up tomorrow, and it hit me; I now have the capability to print up to 8x10 negatives.

What is the deal with the Kamm? When did you get that? I'm not sure what that looks like. Do you have a complete Kamm enlarger?

Sorry if you posted answers to these questions, but I have been following so many 8x10 enlarger threads between here and APUG I can't keep them all straight

Just FYI, the Omega dichro color head that is still current on their floor standing enlarger is not 8x10, it is 10x10, and I think would be too big to fit onto any adaptor designed to hold a 8x10 sized light source. I am not aware of any Omega 8x10 enlarger, just the 10x10. But I don't know everything.

Also, you know that the Bessler adaptor kit contains the negative stage, don't you.

I'll post more when I get back to Nevada in a few days, but the Beseler 8x10 enlarger I have uses a 12x12 Aristo head.

Hi Claude
    I am in France
    I have a 45mx I am really interested in the pictures of your 8x10 kit for the transformation (I do not speak English but I am doing google to translate) I hope that google also translated for you
    @ +
    Marcel

Allo Marçel! La traduction est bonne.

If Claude emails me the photo's I will host them on my photobucket account and place them in the thread to make it easier even for non-members of the forum; I found it difficult to find anything, even on apug,pnet,etc, so people who happen on this thread on google would benefit from freely hosted images.

Claude, I'd really appreciate images and dimensions, thank you for your offer - I'm waiting impatiently

Gene, the Dichro head *is* 10x10, so the idea is to use it for rotating 8x10 (both ways). I should have made that clear, sorry!

IC-Racer, This is the Kamm/Omega enlarger. Pretty much an Omega head (chromega super f dichroic II) on the Kamm chassis...but it is way too big. The Omega head is all I want. So I've got rid of the massive heavy Kamm chassis, to mount the head on a smaller enlarger chassis (in this case, the Beseler).

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

IC-Racer, This is the Kamm/Omega enlarger. Pretty much an Omega head (chromega super f dichroic II) on the Kamm chassis...but it is way too big. The Omega head is all I want. So I've got rid of the massive heavy Kamm chassis, to mount the head on a smaller enlarger chassis (in this case, the Beseler).
    Ok, got it!

You may get some ideas from these links I ran across
    The first is a discussion on a 10x10 conversion and the photo I posted, I believe, is of the enlarger discussed.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ead.php?t=9269

Have you seen this conversion? : http://www.bluegrassharvest.com/DurstZilla/index.htm

I've seen the Durstzilla, but that's a much bigger conversion job than I'm planning! Also the guy has a lot more skill, as can be seen!

Bump, in case anybody has more help on the conversion... thanks!