Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay problem

Ebay problem

Wonder if anyone can throw some light on this.........I'm trying to list something on ebay but when I go to finalize the listing I get this bewildering warning message preventing me from listing
    ........( ''Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href''.) Now thats got me stumped?

cheers
    kev

Ps; sorry if this is not quite the appropriate place to post this!

Re: Ebay problem

Which browser are you using?

Hi Darr I'm using Firefox

kev

Kev,

I just created a mock ebay auction with firefox and did not have any problems. Are you writing it in html code or standard format? I cannot think of anything other than looking to see if you customized your firefox prefrences and/or uploaded add-ons with it. Were you running any other programs in the background at the time of auction creation? If so, try re-booting your machine and then try listing again. Hope this helps somewhat.

--Darr

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    Wonder if anyone can throw some light on this.........I'm trying to list something on ebay but when I go to finalize the listing I get this bewildering warning message preventing me from listing
    ........( ''Your listing cannot contain javascript (".cookie", "cookie(", "replace(", IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href''.) Now thats got me stumped?

cheers
    kev

Ps; sorry if this is not quite the appropriate place to post this!
    Are you trying to paste the information in from Microsoft Word? If so, try copying it to notepad, then to the ebay page.

Excellent, problem solved......as advised, copied it to note pad then from there to the listing ...........and bingo!
    Appreciate the help chaps
    kev

Quote Originally Posted by kev curry View Post
    Excellent, problem solved......as advised, copied it to note pad then from there to the listing ...........and bingo!
    Appreciate the help chaps
    kev
    Sounds good, glad you got it fixed.

What a perfectly simple solution......But never in a million years would I have thought of that......
    kev

Regarding the query on browser....

Firefox can be a problem at times on eBay.

Some of the functions on eBay do not return your proper input at times.

I suggest using Internet Explorer for eBay to avoid odd problems during listing.

You solved your problem because notepad stripped out some of the more advanced formatting of Word, which means you did not achieve all the functions of Word in doing your description. That makes no sense to me. I don't have those problems with Internet Explorer and using Word to input some of the more advanced formatting (or HTML) in eBay descriptions.

I suspect that if you were creating your eBay listing in Word and using Internet Explorer you would not have been required to convert to Notepad and then into the description in eBay.

There is a Web Site called www.use.com that allows you to create a template using your pictures and your description and creates HTML that you copy and paste into the description block in your eBay listing.

Use.com has a wide selection of prepared templates for borders and themes and is easy to use. It is also free.

Re: Regarding the query on browser....

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    Firefox can be a problem at times on eBay.

Some of the functions on eBay do not return your proper input at times when listing with Firefox.

I suggest using Internet Explorer for eBay to avoid odd problems during listing.

You solved your problem because notepad stripped out some of the more advanced formatting of Word, which means you did not achieve all the functions of Word in doing your description. That makes no sense to me. I don't have those problems with Internet Explorer and using Word to input some of the more advanced formatting (or HTML) in eBay descriptions.

I suspect that if you were creating your eBay listing in Word and using Internet Explorer you would not have been required to convert to Notepad and then into the description in eBay.

There is a Web Site called www.use.com that allows you to create a template using your pictures and your description and creates HTML that you copy and paste into the description block in your eBay listing.

Use.com has a wide selection of prepared templates for borders and themes and is easy to use. It is also free.