Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

I am looking at a used Screen Cezanne FT-S5000. where can i get scanning software with serial number and bulbs?

Do you mean you are looking at a used scanner, but it doesn't have the computer to go with it? To me, that'd be a dubious proposition, since you wouldn't have any clue about condition / if it works.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

yes, just the scanner. i am hesitant as well

Quote Originally Posted by felix5616 View Post
    yes, just the scanner. i am hesitant as well
    Hi Felix . . .
    Once powered 'On' . . Does the machine go through a full cycle . . and finish with the 3 LEDs at the front cycling . . ?
    If so, then the machine has gone through a full cycling of the drive mechanisms . . and then did a check of the lamps.
    If it fails any of these there will be a 'beep' and red LED flashing.

If it does pass, then I'm sure you will be able to pickup an old G4 Mac running MacOS9.2 or 10.4ish and a valid interface card/cable.
    (I picked one up in London for £25 a few years ago . . . ;-)
    If you are getting the machine for next to nothing, then go for it.

Lamps are another issue . . These are expensive to replace.
    Check on this forum for what to do about this.

Hope this helps . . .

Quote Originally Posted by felix5616 View Post
    I am looking at a used Screen Cezanne FT-S5000. where can i get scanning software with serial number and bulbs?
    I have a Screen Cezanne FT-5500 Scanner available. It is barely used in very good working condition. I also have the Apple Power Mac G4 with the SCSI card installed. There is also a Hardware Key or Dongle for the optional deMoire' reducing software. PM or email me with an offer. I am in Northern California, USA so shipping may be costly.
    dave@intellaprint.com

Hello everyone, I want to some help.
    I have a cezanne FT-S5000 scanner. It works on my PowerPC 9600 / 300,but I can't make it work on my G4 MDD.The system is Mac OS 9.2. both. the software version is Colorscope Pro3 1.2.1.On my G4,the progress bar always stops at the last moment in the scanning process, and the computer crashes. What can I do to make it work on my G4?

Hi Tony . . .
    It is good that you have MacOS 9.2 using CSPro3 1.2.x . . . But other things need to match for it to work properly.
    (It was a nightmare to support softwares during my time with SCREEN . . . ;-)
    Can you let us know the SCSI card you are using?
    What Driver version you have for the SCSI card?
    What is the Driver Firmware version on the scanner?
    Are there any errors? . . i.e. LED flashing . . . Mac reported error. . . .

Regards, tc542

Is there a hardware manual available for the elite? Can’t seem to find one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to have to resort to this but. I'm another person that just acquired a Cezanne Elite and as it turns out, no software. Thought it was on the computer that came with it, but it's not. No software, no serial number, nothing. Do I have a boat anchor? The scanner looks to be in great shape, boots to the green home screen. The platin is it 8+ shape, has the film hold down thing and the white calibration strip looks new.

At a minimum, I wanted to at least install the software to see if I could run the maintenance program to check for errors, no luck. I used the internet archive to get to the screen download page but nothing I try will extract the .hqx file. I've tried stuffit expander, it barfs, 7-zip chokes, Archive utility didn't work, binhex was a fail. Tried various extraction utilities under OS9, OSX 10.3, OSS 10.5. I am able to see the scanner under OSX system prefs, at least that worked. I do have lots of experience with drum scanners, and others, Scitex, Eversmart, Leaf Scan, etc. so I know how to work with SCSI devices. It's just I can't even extract ColorGenius. So, I'll just put it out there, I would really appreciate some direction on how to obtain a serial number. If I could buy it from Screen I would consider that but from what I read here that's not an option. Help!

Cheers,
    Ned

Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    I hate to have to resort to this but. I'm another person that just acquired a Cezanne Elite and as it turns out, no software. Thought it was on the computer that came with it, but it's not. No software, no serial number, nothing. Do I have a boat anchor? The scanner looks to be in great shape, boots to the green home screen. The platin is it 8+ shape, has the film hold down thing and the white calibration strip looks new.

At a minimum, I wanted to at least install the software to see if I could run the maintenance program to check for errors, no luck. I used the internet archive to get to the screen download page but nothing I try will extract the .hqx file. I've tried stuffit expander, it barfs, 7-zip chokes, Archive utility didn't work, binhex was a fail. Tried various extraction utilities under OS9, OSX 10.3, OSS 10.5. I am able to see the scanner under OSX system prefs, at least that worked. I do have lots of experience with drum scanners, and others, Scitex, Eversmart, Leaf Scan, etc. so I know how to work with SCSI devices. It's just I can't even extract ColorGenius. So, I'll just put it out there, I would really appreciate some direction on how to obtain a serial number. If I could buy it from Screen I would consider that but from what I read here that's not an option. Help!

Cheers,
    Ned
    Hi Ned . . . . I am sure that there is nopont is trying to extract the 'hqx' files . . These are a special SCREEN protected file.

What you need is a full copy of CG EX. . . You do not need to know a specific serial no. . . your Cezanne Elite is in effect the 'dongle'.
    I have a couple of copies of the software that I saved for when working for SCREEN . . . You can have one . . (for a cost and postage)
    Which version do you need . . . (Relative to a MacOS version . . ) . . ?
    Where do you live?
    Let me know . . .
    BR, TC542