Page 94 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4484929394
Results 931 to 936 of 936

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

  1. #931

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite - Color Genius Software and SSD upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by TC542 View Post
    Hi Floyd . . . I may have a secondhand glass available . . . Been used, but not extensively . . (Used on training courses only . . . )
    Whereabouts are you? . . Can ship in an original box.
    Also, have a clear glass . . Normally used for 'Line-art' . . But a SCREEN scanner instructor used to use this for normal scanning aswell . . . Apparently with good results.
    Let me know . . .
    Regards, tc542
    Hey TC,

    Id certainly be interested in the glass. My scanner and I are posted up in Brooklyn NY, would that work with shipping on your end?

  2. #932
    Corran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    North GA Mountains
    Posts
    7,357

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    I shot this excellent negative over the weekend so I decided to push the Cezanne to the limit by scanning it at 5000 DPI (strips) to see what I could pull from a TMX negative exposed about as optimally as possible, with an APO Symmar 150mm lens at f/16.

    Here's the full shot:



    Here's a 100% crop sized at 100 x 125 inches at 96 DPI for most monitors:

    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

  3. #933

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    23

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite - Color Genius Software and SSD upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by FloydPhill View Post
    Hey TC,

    Id certainly be interested in the glass. My scanner and I are posted up in Brooklyn NY, would that work with shipping on your end?
    Hi Floyd . . .
    Which glass tray would you be interested in . . .Standard or Clear . . ?
    I'd be a bit worried about shipping the tray to NY . . . People handling it . . . Even in the proper packaging . . . !!
    (Could pack some more bubble wrap inside I suppose . . . )
    Let me know and I'll find out what the shipping would cost . . including insurance . . .
    Regards, Tony

  4. #934

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite - Color Genius Software and SSD upgrades

    Quote Originally Posted by TC542 View Post
    Hi Floyd . . .
    Which glass tray would you be interested in . . .Standard or Clear . . ?
    I'd be a bit worried about shipping the tray to NY . . . People handling it . . . Even in the proper packaging . . . !!
    (Could pack some more bubble wrap inside I suppose . . . )
    Let me know and I'll find out what the shipping would cost . . including insurance . . .
    Regards, Tony
    Hi Tony,

    Regarding the glass, whats the difference between the Standard Glass and the Clear?

    Ah yeah shipping glass is always a risk. Do not bend stickers are always a prudent measure, but with how the post is handled out here its very little assurance.

  5. #935
    Peter De Smidt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Fond du Lac, WI, USA
    Posts
    7,140

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    The standard tray is acrylic with an anti-Newton texture. My guess is that the glass tray is really glass, and it doesn't have a texture. Is that right?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing you don't already know

  6. #936

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    23

    Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    The standard tray is acrylic with an anti-Newton texture. My guess is that the glass tray is really glass, and it doesn't have a texture. Is that right?
    Correct . . The Glass Tray . . for Line-Art scanning . .is a clear glass.
    I will try and get a quote for shipping of both the Standard and Glass trays . . inc. insurance . . .
    Watch this space . . ;-)
    BR, Tony

Similar Threads

  1. Screen Cezanne FT s5000 scanner
    By hbjornson in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 29-Sep-2015, 05:41
  2. feedback: long time Maxwell Screen users?
    By Arne Norris in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-Jan-2008, 01:42
  3. Screen Cezanne Elite Questions
    By Tim Shawcross in forum Digital Hardware
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-Jul-2007, 06:27
  4. Initial Report: Maxwell Screen on Wista DX II
    By John Hollenberg in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15-Sep-2003, 19:37

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •