Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

I'm not an expert, but I bet your computer won't see a hard drive over 128gb. Try partitioning the drive so that one partition is small enough.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite - Color Genius Software and SSD upgrades

Hey folks, wanted to give a bit of an update on my hunt for Color Genius V2. Thanks to users Corran, and coisasdavida I was able to get two copies of a the software and the needed serial keys. Bryan (Corran) also was kind enough to send me a clone of his hard drive through the mail to help get my system running again. I ended up pulling the crashed drives from my old G4 machine and replacing them with a single 120 GB ssd and IDE adapter made by other world computing. Linked here: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDMXLE120/

After maxing out the ram in the G4 and this SSD replacement the rig runs like greased lightning. Boot time and file access is notably quicker. I was surprised that scanning and processing image files is significantly faster as well. I would highly recommend this upgrade if you got 60 bucks to spare.

So thank you again guys for all the help getting the rig up and running again. Turns keeping good backups is important.

Now the only things I have to sort out are a new set of bulbs for the Cezanne and a new sheet of anti newton glass. Anybody got a line on either of those?

(attached are a few of my recent scans)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails face_paint_MA-0020.jpg   growth-0059.jpg   man in window.jpg  

“You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite - Color Genius Software and SSD upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by FloydPhill View Post
    Hey folks, wanted to give a bit of an update on my hunt for Color Genius V2. Thanks to users Corran, and coisasdavida I was able to get two copies of a the software and the needed serial keys. Bryan (Corran) also was kind enough to send me a clone of his hard drive through the mail to help get my system running again. I ended up pulling the crashed drives from my old G4 machine and replacing them with a single 120 GB ssd and IDE adapter made by other world computing. Linked here: https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/SSDMXLE120/

After maxing out the ram in the G4 and this SSD replacement the rig runs like greased lightning. Boot time and file access is notably quicker. I was surprised that scanning and processing image files is significantly faster as well. I would highly recommend this upgrade if you got 60 bucks to spare.

So thank you again guys for all the help getting the rig up and running again. Turns keeping good backups is important.

Now the only things I have to sort out are a new set of bulbs for the Cezanne and a new sheet of anti newton glass. Anybody got a line on either of those?

(attached are a few of my recent scans)
    Hi Floyd . . . I may have a secondhand glass available . . . Been used, but not extensively . . (Used on training courses only . . . )
    Whereabouts are you? . . Can ship in an original box.
    Also, have a clear glass . . Normally used for 'Line-art' . . But a SCREEN scanner instructor used to use this for normal scanning aswell . . . Apparently with good results.
    Let me know . . .
    Regards, tc542

The clear glass would be very good for wet scanning, especially if it's glass and not acrylic.

Changing topics, I retired an old computer. It had a 128 GB Samsung SSD. I bought an external case for it. To get it to work with my G4 and Windows, I had to use the Windows command prompt to format at Fat32. Exfat didn't work. Now it works great. The external case was about $10. I use the external drive to move photos from my G4 with a USB2 card to my Windows workstation.

Hi,
    Been from page 1 to the end of this thread in past three days. What a work...
    New Forum Member, but it's been about 10 yrs since I own a Cezanne. I use it from time to time. First problems occured awhile ago - the space, marked in Preview did not match the Scanned picture. there was always a shift, do not remember any more on which side. But I somehow managed it by marking a bigger crop in Preview, so the scanned image was >full in<...
    Real problems occured, as I have moved the scanner to another room, forgot to prepare it for moving...
    First, it did not start at all, I mean it did not complete the initializing proces. All lights kept blinking. The Screen Technitian came by, said he cannot remember the last time he saw Cezanne... Had opened it, cleaned it, we did run some tests and after that the scanner did the self test / initialization OK. But ever since I cannot make it prescan something (I succeded only once - and It gave me this (see below)). After I hit Prescan, it starts moving the bed, then stops with the scanning bulbs turning off. It usually comes wit 1006 error, and the message that the light Intensity is too low and I should replace the Bulbs... Few times it was a Message refering to defect power unit fan (or something like that).
    Any information / solution would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Matej

The missing screenshot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2174.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	200108

Is the scanner on a good heavy-duty table and well supported on both ends and in the center?
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Is the scanner on a good heavy-duty table and well supported on both ends and in the center?
    I believe yes. It stands on 2 rubber feet located towards the >extension< and one in the center on the side of status lights. I dont't know what the other 2 rubbers are good for (about 5 mm in the air, not on the table)?
    What do you mean by >well supported in the center<?
    Thanks

When I first got my Cezanne I put it on a table that sagged in the middle from the weight, causing also the scanner to have a bit of sag, which made the whole thing "hitch" along the rails when scanning and caused strange lines across the scan. The entire length of the scanner then needs to be well supported. If some of your rubber feet are in the air something is not right.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome