Page 5 of 107 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

I have a question. Maybe someone who knows Mac a lot can answer.

I am in OS 10.3, and I am tryng to install a driver for Adaptec 29160 (SCSI card). The file is called "Adaptec29160x.pkg." But the file does not show up as an excutable file, and it shows up as a folder in fact (picture 1).

But, if I take a look at the same file under 10.5 or so, it becomes an excutable file which looks like a a yellow box.

How can show this file as excuable under 10.3? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thanks!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

OK,

I solved this problem. Someone in a Mac forum suggested me to use Installer in Utilities to open the file.

But that was not why it did not work in the first place. I just learned that I needed 1.3 version driver for this SCSI card (which came with the CD by the way...).

Now the machine is working fine (after 9 months)! I need to learn this software! Looking forward to it.

Thanks for everyone!

Warmly,
    Tsuyoshi

http://www.projectbasho.org/img/cezanne01.jpg

Hi,

I get this banding in the scanned image. Are these because of the dusts on the lamps?

Let me know how I can get these lines off. Thanks again!

Warmly,
    tsuyoshi

They look pretty wide to be from dust. How are you mounting the film?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

This isn't related to the lines, but are you placing the film with the long edge parallel to the long edge of the scanner? If not, you want to do so, as the scanner is limited to sampling 8000 points along short edge.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”

Hi Peter,

Looks like it was dusts related. I finally figured out how to open the lamp box and cleaned it very well. Now it is gone.

I have a piece of AN plexi glass to place the negatives under. I need to get larger one to scan 8x10 and 7x17...

I am still trying to figure out the software...

tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    They look pretty wide to be from dust. How are you mounting the film?

Peter,

Good to hear that. Thanks for your suggestions!

tsuyosh

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    This isn't related to the lines, but are you placing the film with the long edge parallel to the long edge of the scanner? If not, you want to do so, as the scanner is limited to sampling 8000 points along short edge.

Well another Cezanne in the club. This is the unit Scott was using.

The only manuals that came with it were hardware start up and a thin dual language guide on the software. I'm used to 2 inch thick manuals on equipment and hardware. I feel like I'm missing a lot. I have 3 trays, one with a frosted appearance (uses the hold-down appliances), another which is ruled with measurements and a third which has cutouts with inserts for individual sheets.

Oh, where to start

How to clean, lens cleaner or will windex do.

How to manage the inserts, are they useful?

I've made my first scans, sharp but I'm getting some grainy appearance, I may be over-sharpening,

BTW, Scott and his wife are awaiting the birth of there first, false alarm last night, but anytime now, she's a touch over her due date now.

bob

Hi Bob.

Did Scott include his ICC files and settings? If so, those would be good for transparency scanning.

For cleaning, I've used Windex and scanner wipes, either from Prazio or Aztek. You don't want to scratch the acrylic scanning bed, as it's about $1200 to replace.

I think I have the manual on CD. I'll look. If so, I'll pass it along.

I'd turn off the sharpening in the color genius software. IMO it's better to do that in Photoshop.

Masking off extraneous light on the scanning bed is a good idea. If you don't, you can get flare around the outside of the negative.

I've been meaning to put up a "how I scan" blog with screen captures. I'm pretty busy for the next couple of days, but I'll make it a priority.

Scott did sent along a profile for Provia.

The shipper was a disaster but luckily noting serious. But it was just placed in a paletted box, plastic wrapped. On top they threw in a bunch of rigid Styrofoam broken into 3x3 pieces. There were little pieces of little white beads and smaller. They brought it on a truck w/o tail lift (in spite of telling them that was a must - even written on bol), took it down and placed in ion the driveway on it's side.

And drove off.

I got laid down properly and opened box. What a mess.

Had to fix 2 sensors, but they popped back in OK.

Other than I keep finding white crap everywhere, its operating fine.

A "how I scan" article would be fantastic.

So far I'm not overly impressed with ColorGenius (1.0), but if it gets the job done, I guess thats all that matters.

Scott tells me he picked up stuff via trail and error, thats the hard way.

Thanks

bob