Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

I use an adaptec 2930 PCI to SCSI card on a G4. Should be about $20 or less on ebay.

Hi,

I have been fortunate to find an old Screen Cezanne. The scanner comes with a Mac with the software and lots of mounting frames for different sizes of originals. There is no operating or transport manual however. The scanner is now sitting inside the car as I am trying to figure out how to separate the cover or flap (I don't know the correct name) that extends out from the scanner bed. There are two grips underneath the flap but the problem is that the flap extends too far out which stops us from carrying the scanner through the door. How can I remove the flap from the scanner? Any help is most appreciated!

Chris

Octogenarian

Turn it on edge to get it through the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Gem Singer View Post
    Turn it on edge to get it through the door?
    The problem is that the flap extends too far out to enable my hands to reach the carrying handles and effectively carry the scanner with another person carrying using the handles on the opposite side of the scanner. The handles are located on the shorter sides of the scanner. There is no need to turn the scanner to get it through the door. The scanner is about 27 inches wide and fits allright through the door. I also don't believe it's a good idea to flip the scanner on its edge.

Problem solved

Hi,

I have a Cezzane unit sitting here in our studio. It has been so long to get it going.

I bought the entire set and after we transported it to the studio, a hard drive failed. Since then I cannot get it going because it gives me a kernel panic whenever the scanner is on.

The system software is 10.3 and I cannot figure it out as to how to retrieve the log at all. I think I properly installed the driver for Adoptec SCSI card... (does anyone use the software on the later version of OS X like 10.4?).

Will anyone can give me a pointer as to how I can possibly get it goging? I would like to start making digital negatives from 8x10 and 7x17...

Again the whole set up used to work without any problem before it came to Philadelphia.

Thanks for your help!

tsuyoshi

Setup:
    G5 Dual 2Ghz running OS X 10.3
    Cezanne ET-5000
    connected via Adpotec SCSI card with a driver (1.2)

Do you have ColorGenius Software? If so, what edition?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Hi Peter,

Yes, I do. It is 2.0.6.

Do you have any idea? Thanks!

Tsuyoshi

First thing is to go to: http://www.screen.co.jp/ga_dtp/en/download/

Check out the software for your scanner. In the release notes there's often info about compatibility and so on.

After that, call Screen USA and ask for Kristen. Have all of your info ready, scsi card model....She should be able to help.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Hi Peter,

Upon looking at their site, the idea came to me that I have not installed driver for the scanner itself. For some reason, I thought it was sufficient to install the driver for scsi card...

Let me see how it goes. If not, I will call Kristen.

Thanks!
    tsuyoshi

Quote Originally Posted by Peter J. De Smidt View Post
    First thing is to go to: http://www.screen.co.jp/ga_dtp/en/download/

Check out the software for your scanner. In the release notes there's often info about compatibility and so on.

After that, call Screen USA and ask for Kristen. Have all of your info ready, scsi card model....She should be able to help.