Page 102 of 107 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1062

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Is there a max file size that the scanner or the software can handle? ColorGenius keeps giving me a error during the scan that the file size is too large, it seems to happen when the end file size would go past 1.5gb

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2021-04-29 at 5.05.58 PM.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	217707

2 GB, I think. Due to limitations of *.tif, at the time, is my guess (and probably the OS/file structure as well - I use FAT32 on CF memory cards to shuttle files to my main computer and that also cannot have files over that size).
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Hi, I need lamps for my Cezanne Screen Scanner. Please let me know if any of you can help!

I suggest you try calling Screen. I organized a group buy years ago from Screen and sold several sets to people all over the world, and enough extras for myself for the life of the scanner. But that was a long time ago and they may not even make them anymore as these scanners were officially taken off their support list some time ago.

Be prepared to pay a lot of money, especially if you are outside the USA. The shipment for bulbs outside of the country with extremely good packaging and insurance was almost as much as the bulbs themselves.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

If you can't find bulbs, use a different light source. There are examples in this thread.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Hey Corran, could you please help us with some contact @Screen or any other?
    Thanks a ton! Appreciate your help.

Hi Peter, I couldn't find what you've suggested. Can you give some example plz?

Hello Screen Cezanners and Eliters,

I have browsed through a wealth of information in this thread going back ages and with a bit of help from
    Michael at scansolutions I got my Screen Cezanne Elite up and running. I like to believe I am not a complete moron and I have a bit of experience running Heidelberg Tango scanners eith quircky software and even quirkier power pc scsi drivers for eol long since suported scsi cards. But speaking of quirky, Colorgenius is by far in the lead(16 bit unless you mess with rgb output points...then it's 8 bit, or so I understand)

I am currently running the scanner connected to a 10.4.11 G4 as a server to which I connect via my main scanning G5 via ethernet, but would like to use my spare quad G5 with 10.5.8 as both server and client with an ATTO UL5D PCIe card.

From what I've been reading, there are users using this card on a 1st gen intel mac pro running 10.6, so it should work on my intended setup.

I would love some help as to what scanner firmware / driver / colorgenius version is required for OS 10.5.8 on a G5 and what SCSI settings are required in ATTO Config Utility. Also, those of you that are running on a UL5D, are you connecting the scanner to an inside port via a standard centronics 50 pin to scsi 2 or do you have centronics 50 pin to vhdci lvd 68 pin cables / adapters?

Thank You.

Hi,
    I have a working Cezanne ft-s5000 scanner (although heavily used, it comes from a print shop).
    It has a couple of broken plastic ball bearings, the ones that the scan tray slides on.
    I am attaching a photo of similar bearings to clarify.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ball bearing.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	225861

I'd be very grateful
    If anyone can provide me with a copy of the service manual and
    If anyone has any bearings replacement references, to search for equivalent ones.
    Thanks in advance.
    Fabio

Hi Fabio . . . .
    Once you have been able to get a new set of bearing . . . called 'Resin Bearings' . . .
    You will need to follow the attached procedure . . . .
    'Resin Bearing adjustment'
    Follow the procedure exactly otherwise you will get image problems . . . !!

Hope this helps . . .
    BR, tc542
    Attached Files Attached Files