Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1062

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Quote Originally Posted by mhphotography View Post
    did any cezanne user try to connect a second device on the SCSI interface of the cezanne? If yes, do you need to turn on the cezanne when using the second device
    Hi . . The SCSI is standard, with the SCSI ID set at '6' for the scanner (at the rear of the scanner . .). . .
    Therefore you will be able to connect another device as long as the terminator is fitted at the furthest point. . . and not using SCSI ID '6'.
    (Maybe have the scanner at the furthest point . . .) . . .Also, watch out for cable lengths . . !!

Hope this helps . . .
    Tony

Hello friends,

I have recently been tasked (I tasked myself) to get a S5000 up and running. I am making my way around this thread so I apologize if something has been entirely covered before (the search function has been invaluable but not within the limits of my patience). I have a few quick questions namely:

Is it still possible to source CG v2? I have found the wayback machine archive of screen software but they seem to all be updaters.

I have seen reference to "release notes" that specify which hardware / software combos will work but I cannot seem to find them, can someone lead me in the right direction? I have a G5 I will use but not sure which card to go for.

Are there any manuals hosted anywhere?

Outside of routine maintenance I will be LED converting the thing and making a new white cal strip for it and possibly replacing the glass should it turn out to be too nicked up. I will document everything here:http://www.praxis-ti.org and hopefully contribute something back and start to collect and consolidate all this information instead of running around this thread. I will of course keep everyone updated and thank you all for everything you have contributed thus far. If you have any resources to share I would be more than grateful and will host them as long as I am alive free of charge.

A bit about me: I work at a photographic lab maintaining machines (a few dip and dunks, roller transport processors, scanners and the like) and doing qc, In my spare time I just do more of my job in my workshop: fixing agx related photographic equipment. My dream is a world where labs work together to keep equipment running. Most labs have to fix things themselves which means they all have unique knowledge to offer. Instead of everyone trying to fix something someones already fixed why don't we document and share?

Much love from London,

Max

Does anyone have a APD-29160N working or broken to sell, shipping to UK?

edit: No need anymore, turns out the ASC / PC versions is identical to the APD / MAC version except for the BIOS stored on the cards EEPROM.

While there are ways to flash the EEPROM electronically, the MAC rom needs a 1Mbit EEPROM which the 512K ASC card EEPROM lacks. Easy work if you know how to reflow otherwise I now have four extra APD / MAC cards I can part with or I can replace the chip on your ASC card for you. The ASC and APD bins are hosted on my website.

http://www.praxis-ti.org/documentation/screen
    Last edited by fri3nd; 4-Jan-2023 at 16:47. Reason: solved my own problem

Quote Originally Posted by fri3nd View Post
    Does anyone have a APD-29160N working or broken to sell, shipping to UK?
    An Adaptec 2930U will also be OK . . . ;-)
    I'll check my stock . . .
    Tony

Hi,
    I'm new owner of two Screen FT-S (5000&5500) coming from auction. The transport routine working well, it is a first step...
    I'll try them in this day, so i need to read the 105 pages of the thread :-)
    Thanks and happy new year :-)
    Philippe

Congratulations Phil, I hope all goes well with the transport.

A little update from me;

Earlier today I drove the two hours north on the M25 and visited Tony (user @TC542) and it was smiles all around. I got treated to some great stories from his engineering days and we had a laugh about all the ways things usually go wrong in life.

I am honored to receive his FT-S5500 in outstanding condition along with what I can only say is a very impressive amount of kit. Impressive may be an understatement. There was an astonishing amount of trays including a clear glass version among two more standard trays, a rubber weighted tray and two more for the oil mount mix n match trays including many many inserts. Some spare bulbs, spare cal strip, loads of software including CD for making separations (among other useful functions I have yet to discover). Many misc items; a few g4s and g3s, some profiling strips, kodachrome slides, service manuals, im definitely missing some stuff in this description but ill document it all soon.

Now that I have the 5000 and 5500 I hope to just spend the time to deeply understand the two systems and hopefully be able to offer maintenance. I may actually use the thing to scan but for now its all reverse engineering. I fall more and more in love with the Cezannes the more I learn about them. Hopefully I can give this one a full life.

Thank you to Tony for simply being a top notch guy, great fun being with you. And I hope to carry on with this legacy.

That's great to hear!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Cheers fri3nd . . .
    Good to meet an enthusiastic Cezanne engineer . . . ;-)
    Regards, Tony

Hi,

My 5500 working good with ColorGenius on Macos 10.2.8 on G4. I have 2.10 ver
    I wait for scsi card for an other G4 on 10.2 for now. My ver of Colorgenius seems not to be for 5000.
    I think i need older ver like 2.03 or 2.05 for 5000 ?
    You know where i can find it ?

Thanks
    Philippe

Hello everyone! I've just dug out my Cezanne Elite (after it has been sitting unused for several years). I couldn't get the ColorGenius server application to start, so I have spent the last day reinstalling os9 and Colorgenius EX 1.0.2. I'm running os 9.2.2 on a Powermac g4. The scanner used to work really well with this setup.

I think the last time I booted it up a couple of years ago I experienced the same problem but didn't get around to sorting it out!

Anyway, I'm still getting an error message when starting the server, and I'm not sure if it relates to the computer/software, the scanner or the SCSI cable!

When starting up it says fatal error -2821 FT-5500

'The initialisation of server application failed, Server can't start'

If I open the servererrlog in simple text, it says ErrNo -3154
    File, Line: CSLow.C, 814

The scanner itself seems to initialise itself with no problems - doing all its checks and flashing lights before bleeping and giving me the power light and the solid green light on the far right.

Has anyone encountered this, and do they know what it refers to? There are no error codes like this in the instruction manual.

ColorGeniusEX itself loads up fine, but unfortunately I can't do anything with it!

With many thanks for any advice/assistance!
    Gareth