Page 90 of 107 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

Re: Screen Cezanne Users Unite

I arranged to buy a bunch of bulbs at cost back in 2016 and offered them here on the forum to help other Cezanne owners. Some balked at the price - $450 incl. USA shipping. A couple folks bought a pair. I actually lost money on this deal after it was all said and done (shipping was a bit higher than expected). These were brand new from Cezanne. I still occasionally get emails about them but I am not buying them anymore. I have a stash of a dozen bulbs or so for myself but it was so much trouble doing it and losing money anyway...

Very few of us out here using the Cezanne so I really couldn't say what you could expect to get. I know someone from Europe emailed me about it and I almost sold one of the spare sets I had to him, but the shipping was high (including very good packaging/insurance) so he decided against it. I imagine the problem will be the same, for those interested outside of Brazil?

Edit: Peter you sniped me lol
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Sorry, Bryan. Anyway, if it were me, I'd try to sell them locally, perhaps to the people you sold the scanners to. Personally, I'd never pay $450. When the time comes that I need new bulbs, I'll build my own light source. I have all the parts already, but I just haven't gotten around to it. An excellent LED system can be made for under $200, and it would likely last for the lifespan of the scanner. Earlier in the thread, someone posted a different replacement option.
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Guilherme Maranhão coisasdavida's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt View Post
    Earlier in the thread, someone posted a different replacement option.
    It was me who posted a replacement option, probably why I still have the bulbs... Thanks anyway Peter and Bryan.

The bulbs also work way longer than one might think, especially for film scanning. For prints/opaque scanning, they do have trouble once they are too old.

I replaced some 2-year-old bulbs recently (note I use the Cezanne 2-3 times a week for anywhere from 5-20 hours) and did a careful test before and after replacement, with a film scan that had exactly the same settings. The scans were identical. The old bulbs when put into the bottom drawer (I simply rotate the bulbs from the film to the print scanning drawer when replacing them) gave me the "low intensity" warning. I replaced them because I wanted to see if there was a difference and because the opaque bulbs I was using were finally giving me serious issues, failing to scan sometimes.

Only once did I ever have that warning for the film scanning bulbs. That was with my first pair that came with the scanner and probably were many years old when I got them, then I used them heavily for a year. Back then I used to have the scanner on almost 24/7 as I was scanning old images and starting to archive a trove of negatives from my family.

Did someone keep an archive of all firmwares and drivers please ?
    As the Screen download site is down...

I have the following files if I can help someone:
    ColorGeniusEXV204E_Up.sit.hqx 4.8MB English
    ColorGeniusEXV204E_Upr2.sea.hqx 3.3MB English
    ColorGeniusEXV204F_Upr2.sea.hqx 3.3MB French
    ColorGeniusEXV204G_Upr2.sea.hqx 3.3MB German
    ColorGeniusEXV213E_Up.sit.hqx 27.4MB English
    ColorGeniusEXV213F_Up.sit.hqx 27.4MB French
    ColorGeniusEXV214E_Up.zip 21.1MB English

I also have the firmware 2.05 and 2.06 for the FT-S5500
    FT-S5500_V205.sit.hqx and FT-S5500_V206.sit.hqx

Are these the last versions of ColorGeniusEX and firmware ?

I just need the driver though please,
    I miss the FT-S5500 driver V2.14, would be also nice to have the V2.11 just in case.

Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Thorvald; 20-Mar-2019 at 13:30.

I managed to find the driver V2.14 thanks to Corran:
    https://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Col...4Updater_E.zip
    https://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Col...4Updater_E.zip

But is it necessary to install the V2.11 driver or any other driver first ?
    Thank you !

I'm trying to understand the V2.11 driver download link;
    I know that the file names of other files are:
    FTS5000_Driver_211Updater_E.hqx
    FTS5000_Driver_214Updater_E.zip
    FTS5500_Driver_214Updater_E.zip
    https://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Col...riverV211E.pdf
    https://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Col...riverV214E.pdf
    https://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Col...V211_V105E.pdf
    https://www.screen.co.jp/pub/dtp/Col...riverV214E.pdf

Good news, you can actually install the V2.14 driver directly, so no need to find the V2.11

To install the various files you need to install Stuffit Expander first,
    its file name is expander_installer_en_4255.dmg (for Snow Leopard), you can find it on Google.

Does somebody have a DotFinder version that does not require the Classic environment ?
    Thank you.

Hey Fellas

Wonderin if anybody has any advice on getting a 2003 mac G4 playing nice with a 1999 Cezanne fts5000. I have v1 of Color Genius install disks (if anybody has suggestions on how to rip and upload those for others use - let me know) and a machine able to run an os9 classic environment. C.G. will run but I cant seem to get the g4 to see the scanner. The error message is pictured here: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error message.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	196828

I have been able to find drivers for the [URL="http://https://storage.microsemi.com/en-us/support/scsi/2900/ava-2906/"]aptec SCSI 2906 card [/URL. But still no dice... any thoughts?

Second question - anybody got a line on updating the color genius software to v2?

Thanks so much for the help. This thread has a ton of brilliant info that has helped me greatly in the past. Great to see these machines have an intact following. I hope to be able to keep these kinds of devices up and running, so any suggestions for how to archive software and hardware fixes for posterity, please do tell.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Maurice1.jpg  

Is the scanner booting up okay? Showing all green on the lights once it's done its initial check? And just to be sure, you aren't turning on the Mac before the scanner has done all of that right?

Is this a turnkey system that was supposed to work out of the box? That SCSI card, I can't remember if it's the correct one. I think the only one I've gotten to work is the Adaptec 29160N.

Quote Originally Posted by RussPhoto View Post
    Hello everyone!

In Precautions brochure for Mac OS X users Screen recommends following SCSI Card:

PowerDomain 2930U(Adaptec) (*)
    PowerDomain 29160N (Adaptec)

I'm about to purchase Adaptec 2930U card but it's 50- pin connectors and it is for PC not for Macs. I'm currently using Adaptec Ava 2906, 25-pin connectors on Mac G4 and it works fine with my Cezanne FT S-5000 however I'd like to try to use Adaptec 2930U for some experimental reasons. Anyone had experience with it? Could you please share? Thanks so much!
    Hey man do you have copies of the drivers for that card? My old G4 machine died before I could clone the hard drive(got it then moved and thought I had more time to backshit up - let me be a lesson to you). So I moved the 2906 to another G4 and I cant get the scanner to recognize the comp despite the scsi card showing up as recognized by the G4.