Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tmax 400 at BH

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New Tmax 400 at BH

BH tells me that they cannot tell whether they have new film or old - Kodak seems to be using the same stock numbers. What are folks experience in ordering from BH - do you get new film? I assume that they do a first in, first out inventory, so the old film should be gone before the new film ships.

For folks who have it, can it replace Tmax 100 for 4x5? The old stuff was close.

Re: New Tmax 400 at BH

We have a comparison of the old and new T-Max 400 in the Subscriber's Section of the View Camera web site and this article will also appear in the March/April 08 issue.

steve simmons

PS

The new stuff has a red box on the label that says sharpest in English, French, German and Spanish.

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    We have a comparison of the old and new T-Max 400 in the Subscriber's Section of the View Camera web site and this article will also appear in the March/April 08 issue.

steve simmons

PS

The new stuff has a red box on the label that says sharpest in English, French, German and Spanish.
    Could any of the View Camera subscribers make a post and synopsize the article for those of us who don't subscribe?

Don Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Richards View Post
    BH tells me that they cannot tell whether they have new film or old - Kodak seems to be using the same stock numbers. What are folks experience in ordering from BH - do you get new film? I assume that they do a first in, first out inventory, so the old film should be gone before the new film ships.

For folks who have it, can it replace Tmax 100 for 4x5? The old stuff was close.
    I ordered the new TMAX 400 120 from B&H and got the old emulsion. From looking at drums scans of 35 mm film of the new TMY-2 I have no doubt that there will be a discernible difference between old and new. Perhaps not earth shattering for 4x5 but noticeable. As this film comes into the supply stream I'm sure will will get some good user feed back. My immediate interest is in the 120 emulsion though.

Don Bryant

Steve,

What password is the site looking for? I used the Nov/Dec password, but it would not work. I do not have the Jan/Feb issue yet. I assume I will get it eventually.

Could any of the View Camera subscribers make a post and synopsize the article for those of us who don't subscribe?

This was a special bonus we did for our subscribers and the article will be in the March issue as well.

ED

amiles@viewcamera.com

to check on your issue and get the access info

I have also sent Ed a PM suggesting he contact Andrea directly.

steve simmons

I got a box of the new TMY-2 from B&H this week. I don't have my new view camera magazine yet. I have been using PMK on HP-5 for 4 by 5 and 5 by 7. Is PMK a good alternative for the TMY-2? Can anyone give me starting film speed/development times for this film, and their developer? I will be scanning the film for digital output. I haven't used a Kodak film for ages....Matt.

If you don't have your issue of VC e-mail

amiles@viewcamera.com

and she will give you the access info.

steve simmons

I got TMY2 in 4x5 and 120 from B&H. Badger Graphic has the 8x10.

Freestyle also now has 4x5 TMY-2. However, when I dropped by their shipping depot for a will-call pickup (I live nearby), they initially handed me a box of "old" TMY. I described what the new box looked like ("look for the red banner"), and they went back and got a box of the new stuff.