Page 46 of 88 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Durst L1840 Enlarger 8x10 10x10--Everything you wanted to know...

Re: Durst L1840 Enlarger 8x10 10x10--Everything you wanted to know...

Quote Originally Posted by Len Middleton View Post
    Luis,

It may be possible to measure it up, or even get them 3-D scanned.

I do not know the economics of getting them CNC cut in brass, but as suggested in larger quantity, might be more economical.

How many would sell at the different price points if offered?

I think I will stick to the hand crank on my L184...

Good luck Ginette.

Best wishes to all,

Len
    The manual crank have also the same nylon gear! According to what I see inside the body of the enlarger, this small gear (at the end of the crank arm or motor arm) enter in a similar gear but larger (in metal) and this is that gear which contact the SS worm-gear shaft.
    I post also on a French forum and they think that Durst may have used standards gears and that they probably be retrieved on specialized markets. They said also that gear cutting is a rare speciality that need very rare machines. The exact material is probably POM (Polyoxymethylene) like Acetal. Some Durst 184 users on the French forum will probably make some searches to find the exact gear on speciality market firms, they talk about 20€ value (around 20$US)! I will let you know if something interesting will be post there.
    I think the plastic gear is very solid when it contact correctly the second gear. It is when we remove the motor that we can do a bad movement and brake it. The manual crank is maybe less prone to break the gear as the arm turn on itself so no stress on the gear. The problem with the crank is when you overturn when you're at top or bottom of the enlarger column.
    The motor arm is not mobile (unless you activate the motor) so a great care must be applied when you insert it. If the motor is jammed on top like mine, it is a good idea to remove the upper limit rod of the motor. This way you can enter the motor with some angle as needed to feel that the gear contact correctly the second gear. When the motor is reinstalled correctly and lowered to middle position, you can removed, replace the upper limit rod and realign the motor exactly with the red dot at top and gears will be still in theirs good positions.

Ok Bob, I will have nice visit with you, Osheen and Hugues.
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

A member here (Will) sent me a picture of his clamping bolt and, as I supposed, the Lamot motor clamping bolt will not fit with a crank. Two different bolts exist.

Lamot motor have a notch on the shaft so the clamping bolt is simply slanted.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9004_cr.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	22.8 KB 
ID:	165696

If you put this bolt in the hole, you will not be able to insert the crank

Name:	IMG_9018text.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	165697

This crescent shaped cut-out bolt is needed for the crank. Thanks to Will to have sent me this picture.

Name:	IMG_3381.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	74.2 KB 
ID:	165698

I ask to Jay Overmoen (newvisionphoto) to duplicated the bolt to be able to use Bob crank!
    My Lumen project http://ginetteclement.com

The clamping bolt on my Hemot fits the handcrank-same bolt

When I got my L184, it did not have the clamping bolt.

However I was able to modify a standard bolt using a bench grinder.

Not pretty, but that part of the bolt is hidden from view and it works with my hand crank version.

I have a Durst 184 with CLS2000 head here that I will sell for parts , a lot of stuff on this sucker and it needs to go to people that use this, missing a power cord from head to transformer..
    If there is interest I can jpeg all the stuff I got and those wishing the parts can call me, I am not trying to circumvent the sales rule (probably am) but you people on this thread actually could use
    the parts.
    Any interest ??
    Bob

Hello,

I know this is more about the L1840 but perhaps someone can help me...

I own a Durst HL2501 and have a new problem. The problem occurred after a relocation from one room to another.

At switching on the machine still behaves as usual: It runs towards the front and starts a setup cycle in which the bellow is being extended and all filters are tested. Showing in the display "Durst HL2501 AF Filter SetUp","Version MG 83.41X.8Z"

Before the relocation the machine then went a litle bit backwards and ended the setup cycle and was ready for work and prompting for a command.

Now the machine runs backwards completely to the back stop switch, remains in that position and does not end the set up, so that I cannot enter anything. Something prevents the machine/software from ending the cycle properly.

Do you know this problem? Is there any trick to cancel/interupt the setup cycle? Do you perhaps know someone who might help me? I live in Berlin, Germany.

Best
    Claus

Quote Originally Posted by urs100 View Post
    Hello,

I know this is more about the L1840 but perhaps someone can help me...

I own a Durst HL2501 and have a new problem. The problem occurred after a relocation from one room to another.

At switching on the machine still behaves as usual: It runs towards the front and starts a setup cycle in which the bellow is being extended and all filters are tested. Showing in the display "Durst HL2501 AF Filter SetUp","Version MG 83.41X.8Z"

Before the relocation the machine then went a litle bit backwards and ended the setup cycle and was ready for work and prompting for a command.

Now the machine runs backwards completely to the back stop switch, remains in that position and does not end the set up, so that I cannot enter anything. Something prevents the machine/software from ending the cycle properly.

Do you know this problem? Is there any trick to cancel/interupt the setup cycle? Do you perhaps know someone who might help me? I live in Berlin, Germany.

Best
    Claus
    Hello Claus,

Christopher Nisperos in Paris, here. Try Wolfgang Weber, in München.

FOTOSERVICE JUNGKUNZ (used minilab equipment)
    Hans-Mielich-Platz 1
    D-81543 München
    T: + 49 (0) 89-651 99 75
    F: + 49 (0) 89-651 99 81
    C: + 49 (0) 171-268 83 30

He knows a lot about Durst and professional lab equipment and if he doesn't know specifically about your horizontal enlarger, he can probably direct you to the right place to find the information.

Attention: He's hard to reach. I suggest you try ALL the means of contacting him, including fax and a LETTER (remember those?

Secondly, their is a retired Durst tech-rep in the UK who is of course very knowledgeable about that equipment, but as I said —he's retired— and he seems reluctant to return phone calls (I need his help myself, to train me to use a Durst mini-printer). As I'm trying to currently contact him, if i succeed I'll ask him if he would accept a call from you.

PM me to stay in contact. I've resolved to reduce my time in front of the computer.

Hope this is helpful.

Chris

I reckon if money were no object, I'd buy a full-on industrial dc power supply rated for the power and current and that would be the ultimate solution.
    Last edited by online; 24-Jan-2018 at 08:39.

Dear Christopher,
    thank you very much for your tip.
    Finally I managed to get hold of Mr. Jungkunz and he gave my a very good tip: There are three small micro switches beneath the base, closed to the tracks, and one of them seems to be damaged. That might be the reason.
    I will look for a replacement and try again.
    Best
    Claus

Hello,
    problem solved. The problem was a broken micro switch, see attached image.
    Replacement was hard to get from the original supplier, they usually sell them in packages of 500 pieces. Now they charged me 25 Euros for ONE, but it was worth the money because the machine works well again. In between I tried another similar looking switch for a few Euros but that one did not work either.
    Best
    Claus

Name:	switch.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	170433