Page 13 of 89 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Durst L1840 Enlarger 8x10 10x10--Everything you wanted to know...

Re: Durst L1840 Enlarger 8x10 10x10--Everything you wanted to know...

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I still was not happy with the evenness of illumination with my Aristo head. I had previously made a 'center filter' for over the diffusing filter but I did not get it exactly right, so I decided to re-do it.

I wonder if all Aristos are this bad?
    Do you have the Diffusion disc (D1414-DF Replacement diffusion disc 26$) http://www.aristogrid.com/D1414.htm on your D1414 coldlight ? I wish to know what is that part exactly ? Additionnal diffusion disc or the square 14x14 diffusion panel ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ginette View Post
    Do you have the Diffusion disc (D1414-DF Replacement diffusion disc 26$) http://www.aristogrid.com/D1414.htm on your D1414 coldlight ? I wish to know what is that part exactly ? Additionnal diffusion disc or the square 14x14 diffusion panel ?
    Amazing, I have seen that page on the Aristo web site many times, but words don't show up on the page. There is no descriptive text, but if I do a google search for cached pages it will highlight the words "diffusion disk" on the page but nothing else shows up.

I certainly do not have this and want to get one!

My system was cobbled together in a somewhat crude manner by a Durst graphics arts importer in the 80s and I suspect if they had the disk at the time they chucked it in the trash and did not know what it was.

Thank you for pointing that out on the web page otherwise I would have never known it was there.

The one on the Beseler page is the long rectangular unit (sorta hangs off on both sides). Mine is 12X12 inches square and has the exact same shape tube as my T12. The on/off toggle switch is even in the same place. If I get time this weekend I'll post a photo of it and it's tube here.

Amazing, I have seen that page on the Aristo web site many times, but words don't show up on the page. There is no descriptive text, but if I do a google search for cached pages it will highlight the words "diffusion disk" on the page but nothing else shows up.

I certainly do not have this and want to get one!

My system was cobbled together in a somewhat crude manner by a Durst graphics arts importer in the 80s and I suspect if they had the disk at the time they chucked it in the trash and did not know what it was.

Thank you for pointing that out on the web page otherwise I would have never known it was there.
    I just received my used D1414 head and no disc is included, I have only the square 14x14" white Plexiglas.
    Anyone know about ? Model 810, 1212, T12 also list their diffusion discs. Is theses disc refer only to the square white Plexiglas or it is an additional diffusion disc?

I just received my used D1414 head and no disc is included, I have only the square 14x14" white Plexiglas.
    Anyone know about ? Model 810, 1212, T12 also list their diffusion discs. Is theses disc refer only to the square white Plexiglas or it is an additional diffusion disc?
    I looked back through the papers that came with my enlarger and I did find the original Aristo instruction sheet. Nothing is mentioned about any 'disk.'

I inquired to Aristo and go the expected reply:

Thank you for your note below.

You may not have heard, but As of July 27th, 2009 Voltarc
    Technologies/Aristo Lighting went out of business.

In mid August Light Sources, Inc. acquired the assets of Voltarc
    Technologies/Aristo Lighting.

Right now we are in the midst of the transition. I do not foresee
    production being up and running for quite some time. (i.e: November or
    so possibly longer) At this time I also do not know how much of the
    Aristo line the new owners will keep running. I believe they will
    continue with the replacement lamps, but I don't know about complete
    units or any of the components such as the diffusion material.

I will keep your note with my Aristo files and send you information when
    the new company is clearer on the Aristo product line.

Best Regards,

I looked back through the papers that came with my enlarger and I did find the original Aristo instruction sheet. Nothing is mentioned about any 'disk.'

I inquired to Aristo and go the expected reply:
    IC,

I got much the same reply when I tried to buy a V 45 lamp a few weeks ago, only time will tell if we have seen the end.

Re: D1414 instruction sheet

I looked back through the papers that came with my enlarger and I did find the original Aristo instruction sheet.
    I will appreciate a scan or a photocopy of the D1414 instructions as I don't have any. If you can do it for me, just email me through the forum or PM me for my postal adress.

Maybe some Aristo users for the 810, 1212 and T-12 knows about this so-called "diffusion disc".

...Maybe some Aristo users for the 810, 1212 and T-12 knows about this so-called "diffusion disc".
    Don't waste your effort looking for a round "disc." Aristo started using that term for the smaller, round light sources and simply maintained the same (incorrect) terminology for larger, rectangular versions. It refers to the translucent acrylic diffusion part, whether round or rectangular. I purchased a brand new Aristo head for my Beseler 810-VXL three years ago; it came with that single rectangular diffuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Don't waste your effort looking for a round "disc." Aristo started using that term for the smaller, round light sources and simply maintained the same (incorrect) terminology for larger, rectangular versions. It refers to the translucent acrylic diffusion part, whether round or rectangular. I purchased a brand new Aristo head for my Beseler 810-VXL three years ago; it came with that single rectangular diffuser.
    Thanks, I think that is the answer.

I looked back through this thread and, in fact, I have not posted the 1414 instructions, so they will be posted shortly.

Thanks Sal for your explanation. I received my used head now and open it and saw no place where an additionnal "disc" can fit in the unit.
    I was just very surprised about the lack of evenness of illumination IC-racer observe on his unit and thiking that the "disc" can be a additional center filter like the old Elwood have.
    As the 14x14 oversize a lot the 8x10 neg, it is very surprising.
    I still not test mine. I have some installations to do in the darkroom before.

@ ic-racer : thanks for posting the D-1414 instructions.