Page 743 of 756 FirstFirst ... 243643693733741742743744745753 ... LastLast
Results 7,421 to 7,430 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Definitely! That shot is about 200 yards across a little creek bottom—the tree was about 7 or 8 feet DBH (though of course hollow as a drum)…I actually heard it come down from a mile and a half away.

Wonderful

I have very fond memories of a solo ride from DC on Skyway Drive, down the Blue Ridge Parkway just before Georgia, I rode west to where I live now

Just before I left

I rode exactly the speed limit and pulled off for motorhomes, camped with bicyclists

Up a damp Mt morning, nobody in the fog

excect a guy handing our 'free' books, I took it to the garbage can

I relented and gave it back

Then enjoyed the foggy view

Green BMW R75-5 1977 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Monego View Post
    Solitary Tree onthe Blue Ridge Parkway
    Speed Graphic with 60mm Yashinon

Attachment 238913
    Tin Can

Adox CHS 100 10x12 expired film, ВРО-1-300 5,6/300 lens:

0516 by Вячеслав Филатов, on Flickr

8x10 fp4 in rodinal
    Bögs gård by Simon Maddock, on Flickr

May blossom

New-to-me Tachihara 5x4, Symmar 150/265 (unconverted at 150), Ilford FP4, yellow filter. Rodinal 1:50, rotated 13 mins

Blossom on the May tree (the Hawthorn). There is a northern saying - 'Divven't cast a cloot 'til the may is oot', which simply means 'don't remove an item of clothing before the may is out'. Whether this refers to the Hawthorn or the month of May is open to debate. As the blossom is usually out before the end of the month (and is a fairly good predictor of the abcence of any further frosts) I prefer to go with the optimism of the former.

A gusty, intermittent breeze tested the patience but I wanted to get the blossom before it faded, and for once we some cloud cover (it's been unusually dry, cloudless and blasting sunshine for weeks). I'm loving the petite size of the Tachihara.

Quote Originally Posted by peter brooks View Post

May blossom

New-to-me Tachihara 5x4, Symmar 150/265 (unconverted at 150), Ilford FP4, yellow filter. Rodinal 1:50, rotated 13 mins

Blossom on the May tree (the Hawthorn). There is a northern saying - 'Divven't cast a cloot 'til the may is oot', which simply means 'don't remove an item of clothing before the may is out'. Whether this refers to the Hawthorn or the month of May is open to debate. As the blossom is usually out before the end of the month (and is a fairly good predictor of the abcence of any further frosts) I prefer to go with the optimism of the former.

A gusty, intermittent breeze tested the patience but I wanted to get the blossom before it faded, and for once we some cloud cover (it's been unusually dry, cloudless and blasting sunshine for weeks). I'm loving the petite size of the Tachihara.
    Very nice Peter.
    The May blossom has been particularly lovely this year all over the country.
    Martin

Lovely composition, Pwter.
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Martin and Phillip - thanks for your kind comments.

Quote Originally Posted by peter brooks View Post

The sheltering sheep really make the shot. Very nice picture.

I sympathise with you regarding the clouds. As a fellow UK resident it seems we very often flip between cloudless blue or slabs or unbroken grey overcast sky whenever I want to make pictures.

The sauna-like conditions under the dark-cloth didn't help this shot. It was nearly impossible to make fine adjustments due to my glasses steaming up constantly. It doesn't look too bad at a glance, but I think I could have done much better.

Chamonix 045N-1
    Fujinon NW 135mm f/5.6 with yellow filter
    Fomapan 100
    Ilfotec DD-X 1+9 12 mins @ 20°

At the edge of the birch wood by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr