Page 189 of 756 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289689 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    I have a minus ten stops ND filter (Heliopan), and it is a ND 3.0: are you sure yours is 110?
    Hi. It is the B+W ND #110, which is a ND 3.0 (ten stops). Sorry for the confusion.

Some lovely images showing up here these days. Austin: love the long exposure, but despair of ever having a day still enough to do that in San Francisco

Darned if I know what this tree is called. This is another one from the Strybing Arboretum in San Francisco. I really didn't want the bright little branches in the top right, but couldn't figure out how to avoid them, and I'm not patient enough, skilled enough, or dishonest enough to clone them out in PS. Besides, I don't have CS 5. Do you suppose "content aware fill" could fix that??

Deardoff 5X7 View with 4X5 back, 14'' red dot Artar, TX 320, Rodinal 1:25
    Bill Poole

"Speak softly, but carry a big camera."

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Here is a carbon print of a black oak in El Capitan meadow in winter. Shot on Efke-25 and developed in Pyrocat-HD

Bill, nice one! I love that spot too. have visited several times.

was going to share one of my shots with that view, but realized the ones posted to my website were taken with a Fuji 690. I have made photos there with 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10, but I guess the "little ones" are what I posted. here's an external link to those if you're interested. (won't attach them per forum rules) http://www.midiliphoto.com/index_mossbeach.html

here's one that is LF, taken about 50 yards from that spot.
    I think it was: SpeedGraphic, Nikkor 135mm, 4x5 FP4, XTOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Poole View Post
    A row of Monterrey cypress at Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, Moss Beach, California. I have been photographing at this location for years, and I was tickled to see a Stephen Johnson image of what I take to be these trees on page 3 of Jim Stone's A User's Guide to the view Camera, the first book I bought about large format photography. (Johnson's image is far superior to mine. I'm still getting the hang of this.)

Deardorff 5X7, 180 mm Fujinon W, FP4, Rodinal

Here we call those Macrocarpa trees, they make very dense hedges. Sadly the big old Macrocarpa's planted in the old days are slowly disappearing to make way for more intensive farming. Gordon Chapple had a 11x14 picture of some, possibly made at the same place as yours, which I admire and that is the reason I started learning carbon transfer printing. Sadly his website is no longer live so there is probably no way to see it again.

David, Gordon was an amazing carbon printer. The print you are talking about was from this area but I forget exactly where. I held that print in my hands and it and the other carbon prints I saw were some of the finest I have ever seen. His color carbon was unbelievable. A great loss to us all.

Your new Yosemite pictures are nice.

It is still around here http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/CarSym/CGC/cgc.html

David, thanks and thanks for the link. I forgot about that link. Of the three prints on the unblinking eye link the three leaves in my opinion was the best. The print literally glows! What I found was most intriguing was the shadow detail in the twigs on the ground. The web does not do justice to any carbon print.

Brian:

Thanks for sharing your Moss Beach photos. I love the 6X9 collection -- lovely tones. Maybe I will run into you at the reserve some time.

Bill
    Bill Poole

"Speak softly, but carry a big camera."

Bill, I'm going to make a trip up to "MY" reserve when I can so if you see a 14x17 out there it will be yours truly!