Page 725 of 756 FirstFirst ... 225625675715723724725726727735 ... LastLast
Results 7,241 to 7,250 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
    Attachment 232351
    Nikkor 210mm f5.6, Shanghai GP3 film, developed in rodinal, scanned with Epson V550
    Very nice. It’s good as it is, cropping would diminish the feeling of space. Reminds me of the corn field in the movie Interstellar. The strong point of this image is the detail in the building below Zone V.

Attachment 232351
    Nikkor 210mm f5.6, Shanghai GP3 film, developed in rodinal, scanned with Epson V550
    Great compositional subject. My $0.02. Get up in the face of this subject matter much closer with a very tight frame. I inherently am drawn to the gorgeous details of the crumbling building and the adjacent tree in more intimate detail. You may need an elevated position for lens coverage (ladder and rising center column).

Linhof Technikardan S45, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Symmar L 5.6/150, Heliopan CPL, Lee 81A, Provia 100F.

Lawrencefield Birches by atomstitcher, on Flickr

I can't decide if this is / was one large tree, or a group. The Victorians (in the UK) often planted saplings in a tight group, but this is in rural farmland and I think it is unlikely. There are parts of a larger bole that has rotted, maybe the smaller trees seeded from something larger.

I'm kicking myself for not giving it some space to the right (although roadside constraints and complications applied). I'll have to take it again sometime.

Ash tree(s) by Peter Brooks

5x4, Nikkor-M 300mm, yellow filter, FP4 in Rodinal

Inspiring!

Quote Originally Posted by joelb View Post
    Another one from IN SITU
    Nikkor-W 210mm + Harman DPP

Cheers, J.

Tin Can

Nice, Peter...but where are the sheep

Quote Originally Posted by peter brooks View Post
    I'm kicking myself for not giving it some space to the right
    I know THAT feeling!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Great compositional subject. My $0.02. Get up in the face of this subject matter much closer with a very tight frame. I inherently am drawn to the gorgeous details of the crumbling building and the adjacent tree in more intimate detail. You may need an elevated position for lens coverage (ladder and rising center column).
    Thank you for the advice. I initially wanted to shoot up closer with 105/150mm lens. However, I was stopped by the "no trespass" sign at the roadside. Thus, I decided to shoot from side of the road using 210mm lens instead. Now to think of it, perhaps the sign was only used to prevent people from entering the building since it could collapse at any time. I don't think walking 20 meters closer to the building would matter in this case. I'll try again next time!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Nice, Peter...but where are the sheep
    Thanks John. You're right - no pastoral scene is truly complete without sheep!

There were some, but down in the bottom of the field - away from me! Luckily this scene isn't far from where we live so when conditions are right (no wind or rain, and a good sky) I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by h2oman View Post
    I know THAT feeling!
    Oh yes... (must check edges, must check edges...)

Thank you for the advice. I initially wanted to shoot up closer with 105/150mm lens. However, I was stopped by the "no trespass" sign at the roadside. Thus, I decided to shoot from side of the road using 210mm lens instead. Now to think of it, perhaps the sign was only used to prevent people from entering the building since it could collapse at any time. I don't think walking 20 meters closer to the building would matter in this case. I'll try again next time!
    First instincts are usually spot on. Couple of options. One is to see if you can ascertain who the property owner is by popping into the court house where property records are kept. Making the effort ahead of time and and asking for permission by identifying yourself and your objective to simply photograph there I have found is quite easy. Only had one entity say no and that was because the property was held by a management trust and they could care less. The other workable option is go early in the morning when you will have the place to yourself and you can get your shot. The light might be better as well. The other suggestion I would offer up is to try to get your camera to the highest vertical shooting position you can. I have a tripod that has a center column that rises quite high (and a step stool to get me there as well) and I have a 10 ft lightweight aluminum ladder that I clamped a piece of wood on top that I have a tripod head screw on top. It is amazing what even a modest increase in shooting position can do for a photograph.