Page 690 of 755 FirstFirst ... 190590640680688689690691692700740 ... LastLast
Results 6,891 to 6,900 of 7545

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Quote Originally Posted by agustin.gd View Post
    Hello everybody. Im so glad to be part of this TRULLY AMAZING forum. I have been reading day and night for some time now, learning and sucking information in.
    This is my first every post here -

My 5x7 Stenopeika camera is the only I own at the moment.

Photo taken in the forest outside my house in the outskirts of Oslo, Norway.
    June 2021 -

x-ray film ( iso 50) - developed under inspection with Rodinal-

LENS:LOMO Industar 11-M 450mm f/9 - the aperture blades got stuck and then one got ruined. I got the lens super cheap, so I took them all away. In this case, I used the Industar elements on another lens body, (CITY,SALE AND EXCHANGE-"SALEX" LENS) which is almost double as long, just to experiment. I really enjoyed the softness.

Thanks again, and I hope you all enjoy. I always welcome ideas, constructive criticism and recommendations-

A great weekend to all!!!

That’s a lovely image.

Hello everybody.
    Thanks again, and I hope you all enjoy. I always welcome ideas, constructive criticism and recommendations-

A great weekend to all!!!
    Welcome to the forum, and kudos on that beautiful photograph! I'm not familiar with the Industar 11-M. Is it normally a soft focus lens?

Hey Paul. No. As I understand, the LOMO Industar series- which I have the 300mm and 450mm, are copies of a tesser design (same as the industar-51 210mm.)

I have read not so much in different sites. These where process lenses, and also I have read somewhere that the LOMO series were a bit "higher quality and sharper", which is a bit ironic because I had the Industar 51 210mm at it was a tiny and quite heavy lens for its size.

In this particular case, the 450mm at f/9 was "quite normal" to put a word to it-really bright image, sharp photo, some bokeh, and so on.

I just took the elements and used a longer body- so I think that might have done the trick-

Here is a photo of the Industar 450mm on its regular body af its widest f/9-

I will post more lens experiments soon-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 33.jpg  

Hey Paul. No. As I understand, the LOMO Industar series- which I have the 300mm and 450mm, are copies of a tesser design (same as the industar-51 210mm.)

I have read not so much in different sites. These where process lenses, and also I have read somewhere that the LOMO series were a bit "higher quality and sharper", which is a bit ironic because I had the Industar 51 210mm at it was a tiny and quite heavy lens for its size.

In this particular case, the 450mm at f/9 was "quite normal" to put a word to it-really bright image, sharp photo, some bokeh, and so on.

I just took the elements and used a longer body- so I think that might have done the trick-

Here is a photo of the Industar 450mm on its regular body af its widest f/9-

I will post more lens experiments soon-
    Oh, I see! Very interesting. Thanks for that info.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brady View Post
    Fisheating Creek, South Florida, Ebony slw810, t-max 100, Nikkor 120, f45

I love the way this looks, John. How did you achieve such wonderful tones?

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    I love the way this looks, John. How did you achieve such wonderful tones?
    Thanks Ari! This was captured on t-max 100, iso 80, developed in t-max rs 1:9. The one thing I try to remember when shooting in heavy fog, is to meter and then expose a stop or two higher than what you think the spot meter is telling you. This was a Creo scan of the neg, this digital version has the blacks a bit more blocked up than the actual silver print, which prints quite well.

Another foggy morning image, this one from a small lake in central Florida. The fog was so dense when I launched my Gheenoe in the dark, on this lake I had never been on, it was pretty spooky. When it started to get light out, I was blown away by the beauty of this lake. This was a 5 second exposure in about 5 feet of water. I have my boat set up like a tripod, I stick anchor the front and back of the boat and then set my Gitzo Giant in the water beside my boat. I shot this with my 8x10 and a Nikkor 120 sw, which added a little vignetting which I don’t mind for this image. I was fortunate to make about 6 compositions of different scenes before the fog dissipated.

Another foggy morning image, this one from a small lake in central Florida. The fog was so dense when I launched my Gheenoe in the dark, on this lake I had never been on, it was pretty spooky. When it started to get light out, I was blown away by the beauty of this lake. This was a 5 second exposure in about 5 feet of water. I have my boat set up like a tripod, I stick anchor the front and back of the boat and then set my Gitzo Giant in the water beside my boat. I shot this with my 8x10 and a Nikkor 120 sw, which added a little vignetting which I don’t mind for this image. I was fortunate to make about 6 compositions of different scenes before the fog dissipated.

That must have been quite a morning. Wonderful result too.
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

Quote Originally Posted by JeRuFo View Post
    That must have been quite a morning. Wonderful result too.
    Thank You!

Thanks Ari! This was captured on t-max 100, iso 80, developed in t-max rs 1:9. The one thing I try to remember when shooting in heavy fog, is to meter and then expose a stop or two higher than what you think the spot meter is telling you. This was a Creo scan of the neg, this digital version has the blacks a bit more blocked up than the actual silver print, which prints quite well.
    Thanks, John. I really like the contrast and high tones, they work together splendidly in this photo.