Page 551 of 756 FirstFirst ... 51451501541549550551552553561601651 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

That's the kind of shot all us tree shooting fanatics look for. I really appreciate your control of all your tones. Such good work.

Thanks! Yeah this is definitely one of my favorite tree photos I've shot. This whole area along the Dead River is amazing and I miss it. Now it's 6 hours away, not to mention needing to canoe upriver a couple of miles to get there. I need to print this one bigger too.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Well done, Corran!
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

That's stunning Bryan. Print looks amazing.

Pali

Much appreciated Vaughn and Pali .
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    I'm liking all of your plates Alex. I seem to always see your Instagram posts right when you post them since I'm such a night owl!

Here's one more print scan from an image from last year. This is a beautiful live oak growing over the Dead River in north Florida. I'm in a sink hole looking up at the tree. Shot with a 58mm XL on my Chamonix 45n1, on T-Max 100 that was dev'd in FX-39 and contact printed on Fomabrom 112 VC and selenium toned.

Nice image Bryan, you're on a roll!

img801 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

Schoodic, Acadia National Park, June 26 2017. 4x5 speed graphic and Aero Ektar. fp4+ in pyrocat hdc.

Saw another photographer there using a LF camera on the east side; they were on a rocky beach quite a distance away and hiding under a darkcloth, otherwise I'd have stopped and said hi...

David Schaller

Beautiful JP.

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post

img801 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr

Schoodic, Acadia National Park, June 26 2017. 4x5 speed graphic and Aero Ektar. fp4+ in pyrocat hdc.

Saw another photographer there using a LF camera on the east side; they were on a rocky beach quite a distance away and hiding under a darkcloth, otherwise I'd have stopped and said hi...

Thanks David.

Here's two more from Schoodic. Same scene, different lenses. I carry two soft focus lenses in my camera bag because they look different and have a different field of view. I like the look in most cases a little better with the Gundlach Hyperion, but it's a longer focal length than the 7.25" Verito I have. In these two photos, the leaves render very differently with the lenses. In darker woods, I like how leaves render with the Gundlach. Here I think the Verito looks pretty good.

img804 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr
    Verito

img803 by Jason Philbrook, on Flickr
    Gundlach Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by jp View Post
    Thanks David.

Here's two more from Schoodic. Same scene, different lenses. I carry two soft focus lenses in my camera bag because they look different and have a different field of view. I like the look in most cases a little better with the Gundlach Hyperion, but it's a longer focal length than the 7.25" Verito I have. In these two photos, the leaves render very differently with the lenses. In darker woods, I like how leaves render with the Gundlach. Here I think the Verito looks pretty good.
    Fantastic pictures JP! I slightly prefer the Hyperion to the Verito on my Monitor, would love to see prints up close. Ether way both pictures seem to talk me into buying a soft focus lens myself..

Here are two Trees I shot yesterday:

First with my new APO Ronar MC 300mm in Copal 1 shutter. The Birch was struck down by lightning a few nights before. the bright leaves and branches were so luminous through the thick vegetation on the other side of the water puddle. I managed to climb down a small platform of roots to build up my camera on the smallest spot I ever used, couldn't even focus for fear of tipping my camera into the water. so glad it turned out like that:
    . by Friedrich Schiller, on Flickr

Second was shot with a Nikkor 75mm. as soon as I entered the spot I was awestruck.
    . by Friedrich Schiller, on Flickr