Page 693 of 756 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 7555

Thread: post your trees!

Re: post your trees!

Very nice! I tried shooting some Efke IR film there a few years ago but it didn't work out. Mine has dots all over it after development. When I was in south Florida a couple months ago, it was a terrible wet nasty day when I was at Big Cypress so didn't get too many photos, and terrible bugs that my wife did not appreciate! Anyway, the wavy grass is excellent, along with the interesting lightness of tones that isn't too overdone with IR.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Very nice! I tried shooting some Efke IR film there a few years ago but it didn't work out. Mine has dots all over it after development. When I was in south Florida a couple months ago, it was a terrible wet nasty day when I was at Big Cypress so didn't get too many photos, and terrible bugs that my wife did not appreciate! Anyway, the wavy grass is excellent, along with the interesting lightness of tones that isn't too overdone with IR.
    Thanks Bryan, I’m sorry I didn’t get to meet you when you were in town! The mosquitoes and horse fly’s were ferocious on this trip also. It’s hit and miss, sometime they’re not too bad. I don’t have the dots on my film, but the notching machine didn’t notch the majority of the film, makes it a real treat. Also there is a protective sheet between each sheet of film, also a pain in the ass.

From Pfeiffer Big Sur Campground
    Looking up
    Chamonix 4x5
    150mm Xenar
    Arista EDU 100 @ 50
    PMK

--

Photographed on Ilford Delta 100, @ 50 ASA, processed in Pyrocat HD.
    Camera used: The Intrepid 8x10 with the front half of a Darlot Petzval lens, no shutter (cap off, cap on, count to 5 seconds), wide open.

Here is an oak tree I have been working with and/or sitting under for many years. An early morning this past June with the creek already very low. A bit of a climb and scramble to get to this spot, especially with the 11x14.

The 11x14 neg was re-photographed on a light table with a digital camera, then roughly hammered into something that might look like the print will eventually.

Oak, Cascade Creek, Yosemite National Park, 2021
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CascadeOak11x14.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

I don't want ignore some images by commenting others
    so I want to say: so many beautiful pictures here!!
    I want to look at all of them soon.

This is a megalithic grave not far from my home made with a pinhole camera

4x5" pinhole Zero45 75B, 75mm focal distance, Pinhole Size: 0.35mm, f/216, 6 min. exposure, Fomapan 200, Rodinal?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img2020-09-15.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	219047
    comments and critiques are welcome

Regards
    Dierk

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Oak, Cascade Creek, Yosemite National Park, 2021
    One of my favorites from you--definitely would like updates on how you go about printing it. FWIW, I'm glad you finally got the tree on a big negative--one of my favorite trees, a sycamore that was at least 150 years old (maybe five feet DBH) came down last week before I could get around with my 8x10 this season.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brady View Post

I captured this image last weekend in the Big Cypress National Preserve during what was supposed to be Tropical Storm Fred. The Storm didn’t turn out to be much other than some rain and wind. Normally, not a huge fan of photographing in the wind, I thought it could be interesting for this type of an image.

I am fortunate to still have a supply of Efke IR 8x10 film that I have been storing in my freezer. This was captured on a brand new Fotoman 5x8in camera I commissioned them to build for me. This was with my 90XL lens, I am still waiting for my 72XL cone and helical, they made a mistake on the first one. The camera has 20mm of rise and fall. I used a Hoya r72 Ir filter and metered it iso 1.5, which worked out to about a one minute exposure with reciprocity failure and f32.

Looking forward to spending more time with this new camera!
    Love this image John! Efke IR is a great film and I'm going to miss it so much once my stock is gone. Funny you mentioned working in the wind, as this film taught me to embrace the inevitable with its reciprocity failure and long exposures. Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by mat4226 View Post
    Love this image John! Efke IR is a great film and I'm going to miss it so much once my stock is gone. Funny you mentioned working in the wind, as this film taught me to embrace the inevitable with its reciprocity failure and long exposures. Keep up the great work!
    Thanks Mat! I still have about 75 sheets of 8x10 Efke IR. I too will be sad when it’s gone, I wonder if any manufacturers are considering making more? I would be a buyer. I have one of my Sony a7r’s converted to IR, it fun and easy to use, but not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbarden View Post

Photographed on Ilford Delta 100, @ 50 ASA, processed in Pyrocat HD.
    Camera used: The Intrepid 8x10 with the front half of a Darlot Petzval lens, no shutter (cap off, cap on, count to 5 seconds), wide open.
    Very cool image Paul!