Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Bridges

jetcode

Bridges

I find bridges to be an interesting subject. This thread is for photographs of bridges. Here is a recent photograph of the Golden Gate Bridge taken last Saturday afternoon. Unfortunately image restrictions and the JPEG format reduce the luminosity (shadow detail) of this image. Taken with a Shen-Hao 4x10 and 480mm APO Ronar on Bergger 200 a print at 72dpi is 12.65' x 31.45'.

Re: Bridges

The Lower Bridge at Antietam - Burnside Bridge

Terence

My favorite subject, by far. Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner.

Old truss bridges are my favorite, but the Golden Gate is my favorite suspension bridge, especially as viewed from the park at the north end.

Old Forche Maline Bridge in LeFlore County, Oklahoma. This is a single-lane bridge.

Old Caxton Creek bridge near Wister, Oklahoma in LeFlore County. 1920's Pratt Thru truss, multi-span, single lane.

Old Pratt Pony truss bridge in rural Atoka County, Oklahoma

The Danville-Mickles Bowstring Bridge. Built Circa 1879, moved to present location 1920. Abandoned with approaches and deck missing. Second oldest standing bridge in Arkansas.

Abuser of God's Sunlight

Manhattan Bridge, DUMBO section of Brooklyn. Doesn't look like this anymore ...

Crappy Cyanotype of a footbridge in a mystery MA location. The exciting information ends there.

Ditto on favourite subject. I, too am sans scanner though.
    (Somewhere in amongst the negs is a pic of the bottom-side of the Golden Gate taken from the deck of a destroyer as she passed underneath)

Oklahoma does indeed have quite a history of old bridges, as evidenced in Gene's pics. (good pics!!) Three summers ago, I spent weekends driving backroads of Oklahoma from Ok. City south and west taking old highway and railroad bridges. Quite a plethora of them that are long abandoned.

One set of pics I shot brings to mind a subject of accessability and "right-to-photograph". I took a set in downtown OKC, late evening, set up in the middle of the road, of the super-structure of bridges running beside the Ford Center. Police drove by, looked at me like I was stupid, and told me I shouldn't be standing in the middle of the road like that, to please move to the sidewalk, and drove off. Anyone (esp. NYC) ever hassled for shooting bridges?