Thread: Isle of Skye

Isle of Skye

Sorry for cross posting, (I just find the travel section here) but any advise on Isle of Skye workshop with Strabo Tours, with Ron Rosenstock?

Thanks

Thomas Hardy

Vanannan

Re: Isle of Skye

Hi Thomas
    Don't know about Strabo tours but you won't regret the Isle Of Skye, make sure you get to Troternish and the Old Man Of Storr and also Elgol and the road to it are fantastic, you can also take a boat trip to Loch Corrusk and then there's the Cuillins, loads of great photo opportunities, Enjoy

Good Luck

Watch out for these guys if you end up on Skye. No seriously, they're everywhere.

I don't know about Strabo Tours, but Skye is a great place to visit and photograph, and I have a friend who went on a Ron Rosenstock photo tour/workshop in Ireland a number of years ago and he really enjoyed it. It changed the direction of his photography at the time.
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

I don't know about Skye but Ron Rosenstock is a great guy, very knowledgeable about any place where he takes his tours, and very entertaining and enjoyable to be around. Any tour he leads should be great, I spent ten days with him on his Ireland tour a couple years ago and it was one of the highlights of my photography life.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

if you can take some time out after the workshop to visit the other hebridean islands, mull, the uists, benbecula, lewis. also on the mainland anywhere along the north west coast, you won't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian tyler View Post
    if you can take some time out after the workshop to visit the other hebridean islands, mull, the uists, benbecula, lewis. also on the mainland anywhere along the north west coast, you won't regret it.
    How long is he going for? Six months?

Seriously, all good photo locations, but throw in the weather, and Skye is more than enough for a good two weeks minimum.

I spent a week there earlier this year, and that was nowhere near long enough.

Steve

jetcode

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Hardy View Post
    Sorry for cross posting, (I just find the travel section here) but any advise on Isle of Skye workshop with Strabo Tours, with Ron Rosenstock?

Thanks

Thomas Hardy
    can't speak for the workshop but I can certainly recommend Skye

Yup, Skye is a great place. I was there for five days in September (we stayed at a great B&B in Broadford). The single-track roads take some getting used to, but the island is a fantastic place.