Thread: Enlarger Question

Enlarger Question

With a bit of luck I should be getting my greasy paws on a 'new' s/h enlarger an MPP Micromatic cold cathode 5x7/5x4 without a lens. What I would like to know is if anyone else has used this enlarger, (as all that I have used previously fo r 5x4 enlargements, was an 'all singing, all dancing' Dutst Laborator 1000, with the smartarse ilford multigrade head) or can coment on what would be a decent C HEAP (I am a student) 150mm lens that would fit this.

Enlarger Question

David: Both Schneider and Rodenstock makes and or made good four element enlarging lenses. I use both brands and they are quite good. Stopped down, I can't see any difference between a four and six element enlarging lens, and I own both types. Can't help you with the enlarger other than to say I use a cold light and love it.

Regards,

Enlarger Question

Secondhand enlarging lenses are so cheap these days that there's really no point in stinting yourself by getting a 'low-end' one. I've come across several Schneider componon and componon-s lenses in 150mm focal length for 50 quid and under recently. I just picked up two Apo-Gerogons for peanuts. The market for process and darkroom equipment has hit rock bottom, nobody wants the stuff here in the UK.