Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chamonix 4x5 images moved

Chamonix 4x5 images moved

I had to move several of my online images and this included my original set of the Chamonix 4x5. I just now realized the move has rendered the image links in my Chamonix post here useless now for some time. My appologies for not catching it earlier! Anyway, for anybody interested, I have moved the images and my initial impressions over to my own site and they can be found by clicking the thumb below:

Cheers,
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Re: Chamonix 4x5 images moved

I have received a question on the GG dimensions... FOr those that want to order an aftermarket GG, the stock one is 4.0" x 5.0" with 3/16ths corner clips.
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

How does one go about ordering a Chamonix 4x5? I can't seem to find any information. At $700, it looks like a great camera.

PM Hugo Zhang or email him here hugoz_2000@yahoo.com to ask him about going about buying a Chamonix. He is the only distributor of the Chamonix line for the States and is nice and easy going.

Thanks Jack for posting those images. I have one coming in a couple of weeks, and I'm really excited about it.

Jack, do you know if a Horseman 6x12 back will mount to the camera? It looks like it will, but just double checking.

Thanks,

I've seen some postings before for the Chamonix, but hadn't looked very closely at them as I was convinced I needed a Technika. But this camera looks very well thought out, and for the project I'm doing I don't need much of any camera movements.

One question comes to mind. One of the things the Technika cameras are known for is their very precise alignment (when properly set up) of the ground glass and the film plain/holder. Does anyone have any comments about the precision of the Chamonix 4x5?

I'm also curious what the wait time is to get their cameras.

Finally, does Chamonix happen to make a 6x9 version similar to the Ebony SV23. The Ebony SV23 has a clever hinged back to make attaching a rollfilm back faster. But of course it's an expensive camera.

Jack, thank yu for nice photos and explanations. I am now fine off with my Tachi, but still, I would like to ask how do you find the single control on the front tilt/rise movements? I would guess it may not be very convenient ...
    Matus

Quote Originally Posted by roteague View Post
    Jack, do you know if a Horseman 6x12 back will mount to the camera? It looks like it will, but just double checking.

Thanks,
    Hi Rob:

I can't say for certain as I don't own any Horseman backs. But it is supposed to be fully graflock compatible...

Cheers,
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Quote Originally Posted by Arne Norris View Post

One question comes to mind. One of the things the Technika cameras are known for is their very precise alignment (when properly set up) of the ground glass and the film plain/holder. Does anyone have any comments about the precision of the Chamonix 4x5?
    I am sure it is not as precise as a Linhof Tech as it is mostly friction locks. However, it produces great images

Hugo can answer wait times. No 6x9 at this time that I know of.

Cheers,
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com